5○ Xavier

V E R Y A N

Alpha of the Blue Blood Pack. Xavier Price. Ever seen an old man named Xavier? A total mind fuck.

I froze on the spot. My body refused to move. A survival instinct.

Alpha Xavier. Already dust and bones, but his wrath was still on the level of Landon's. He was the person Torrez sent me to when he was fed up and on the verge of killing me. Torrez wasn't ready to have my blood on his hands, but Xavier didn't care. He'd kill me without a second thought, but he hadn't, yet.

Especially after the things I've done. Like have sex with his son, unknowingly lead rogues into his territory which may or may not have killed quite a few of his pack members, have sex with his other son. Just to name a few. But that was a long time ago.

Have I ever mentioned that I didn't want to die?

Landon stared at me from the corner of his eyes and cocked an eyebrow. What if he tries to send me back with that wrinkled mushroom? I didn't even have enough time to think of a plan before Landon grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled me into a booth away from where Xavier sat.

He stared at me and sighed. It was my turn to cock an eyebrow.

"Veryan," he sighed again, terribly insufferable, "I," he paused for a long time. Just staring at me, or glaring at me. I couldn't register the look on his face.

He decided not to continue his sentence and called a waitress over. I rolled my eyes. I couldn't bother with Landon when I was busy with willing my body to sink into chair wishing that Xavier would just leave without acknowledging us.

I could see the top of Xavier's head from where I sat. His black hair was the only redeeming quality about him. Not a grey strand in sight. All shine and silk. His sons hadn't managed to inherit it, all they got from their father was cruelty and an inclination for handsome things. Maybe that was why I hadn't been killed yet. Because I was attractive and that entire family is perverted.

Landon continued to blankly stare at me, not uttering a word. This felt like a job interview. What could I say that would make him want to keep me? What could I say that would make him want me to stay?

"You're a piece of shit, you know that Landon?"

He raised an eyebrow. I wondered if a huge slab of stone like him felt guilt?

"Do you know how difficult it was?" I breathed, the only difficult thing was the three years of erectile dysfunction he gave me, "You left me mate less. All alone... They treated me like a piece of crap because of you."

They always treated me like a piece of crap, but blaming that on someone other than myself made me sleep better.

I angled my head and peered up at him, I could've been one hell of an actor.

He clenched his jaw. Did I crack him?

He sighed, "Veryan you.."

He was cut off by a chair being dragged to our table.

"Well would you look who it is," Xavier crooned. He sat, elbows on the table, fingers interlocked, like this was a business meeting.

"Xavier. I didn't see you," Landon said flatly as his eyes darkened, the closest thing to a glare on his face. Xavier directed his gaze up to him, smirk widening.

"Yes, right, Landon, what are you doing so far out here? You never leave your territory. It's so odd to see you in such a mundane setting. Like having a build-a-bear next to a sex shop." Xavier tilted his head, a habit I happened to adopt from him, face hardening. He was trying to provoke him.

"There is, in fact, a build-a bear next to a sex shop somewhere...." I said; I adjusted my glasses, their presence began to feel heavy on my face.

They both turned their heads to me, raising their eyebrows as if they forgot about my existance while they exchanged glares.

"Right, Veryan sweetheart, cute glasses by the way. I heard from the grape vine that you wandered off again. Torrez is aging by the second with you. Poor boy, he's only 25 and already has wrinkles. I better take you back with me and deal with you for him....finish the job this time."

"Torrez was born with a frown, no wonder he already has wrinkles. It has nothing to do with me. I'm a prince, Xavier darling," I retorted, tilting my head and mirroring his position with my sweetest smile. No way I can go back to him. That's worse than Torrez.

"Torrez?" Landon said with a grimace on his face. The only discernable look on his face I've ever come across.

"Yes, Torrez. You know him of course. Veryan's..."

"Yes! I'm very scared of him!" I cut off Xavier. Landon didn't need to know about Torrez being my alpha. I couldn't imagine what he'd do to me for crossing into his border while being a member of the Viglianco Clan.

"Well, of course you're scared of him. You..."

"I'm mate less!"

"Uh..Yes, Veryan...You're mate less.." Xavier said, now lost in the conversation.

What am I doing? Never have I ever been so tactless. I should just take what the moon goddess gives to me and be greateful.

"He's not mate less." I looked to Landon who stared at me.

"Sorry?" Xavier asked.

"I am his mate," Landon sighed, clenching his jaw.

It didn't sound regretful; they way he usually says it, nor did he say it in anguish, like the first time he realized. It just sounded like a fact. Like a truth we'd have to come to terms with.

I had never seen a bewildered Xavier, but he sat, hands now dropped on the table, eyes flicking between us. Xavier always knew everything. He was one of the oldest. One of the powerful.

But I, Veryan Delvaux, knew something that Xavier Price didn't and a part of me felt bigger for a second as I took in his surprise. But if I had to go a lifetime without ever knowing this, I'd gladly do it.

I'd rather be alone for the rest of my life than with Landon Arriens. And I knew that's the only thing we'd ever agree on: we could never be together.