10○ Late

V E R Y A N

Again, I woke up from a dreamless night into a dream like life. I didn't remember when I happened to fall asleep, all I recalled was Landon's icy stare. What a terror it is for my first thought to be of Landon. The late day soaked into the bare, empty room.

Off from his creaky bed, which lacked sheets due to the pervious time I slept here, I let my nose guide me down into his dusty kitchen. I could feel the clogged sinuses building up. I turned the corner just to crash into another wall. Or rather another person.

"Are you blind? Watch where you're going weirdo!" The guy yelled. What a crappy morning. I hadn't even been awake for ten minutes and this dipshit is hollering in my face.

"Yeah asshole. I can't see shit right now. And you're the weirdo for being built like a fucking brick wall. I think you broke my nose you ninny."  My sense of sight is degraded and now my sense of smell is slowly spiraling down. What is the point of being a werewolf if I can barely heal myself. 

"What did you say to me?" The brick wall pushed me up against the brick wall, bashing my head into the concrete. Today was not the day for me. It was never the day for me. 

"I said you're a fucking brick wall. Since I'm blind, does that mean you're deaf?" He elbowed me in the stomach, throwing my disoriented body onto the floor. Torrez's training came back to me. If only I was not dry heaving on the floor, maybe I would have been able to use it. 

I heard the ninny's footsteps approaching me. Here comes my eighth case of blunt force trauma to the head. I tried to unfurl myself from my cocoon position, the need to survive idiot storms was embedded into my genetic code.

The footsteps stopped. Was I not going to die today? I tried to look from beneath my elbow shield, but only saw two blurry figures before me.

"Castiel," Landon sighed. What about me? On the floor, dying.

"Yes alpha Landon," the ninny responded, all pep; none of the belligerent tone to be found.

"What are you doing?" Landon's voice sprinkled with annoyance. Something inside wanted it to be directed towards me.

"Well, alpha, I had to report the..."

"No Castiel, this," Landon waved his arms, I assumed, "Why are you in here breaking my walls with Veryan's thick skull? Didn't I say to deal with your anger?"

The minny didn't respond, so I did, "This ding-dong was standing in the door way. I bumped into him, accidentally. Then the gorilla went off on me. And now I have internal bleeding."

"I don't even know who this idiot is," the ninny started, "He was being a rude bastard, so I taught him a lesson."

I scoffed. What a dipshit.

Landon sighed again and motioned for me to get off the floor, I assumed, everything was foggy. I wobbly stood up and found myself at Landon's side, squinting up at the wanker who almost gave me a concussion.

Glasses were harshly pushed onto my face and the fog cleared to reveal the blue eyes and blond hair of Castiel, who looked so very familiar.

I grabbed him by the arm, shifting his weight and threw him to the floor in a shaky motion. It was the only move I had remembered from Torrez, it was something his father taught him. So he saw fit to teach it to me. Yet after all these years, I still have not mastered it.

The ninny whined and twisted on the floor, probably because I threw him into the steps, denting it with his thick skull.

Taking in the scene, Landon just stood against the wall with his usual demeanor: not caring, boring, bored.

"Castiel. Get up," He commanded and pulled him off the floor by his collar up to his level.

Castiel muttered incoherent words, trying his best to focus on London's near angry face. I wanted him to be angry at me.

"I told you Castiel, things don't work now like how they worked then. I am not my father," he glowered, with a voice so low I felt it in my bones, "But if you come into my house and crack my guest's skull I will skin you. Understand?"

I was impressed with his anger. He seemed so incapable of creating such a thing, I began to wonder if the stories about him were even true.

Ruthless they said. Ruthless? I thought he was more of a wet napkin.

"So, Castiel, do not touch what is not..." he stopped, as if broken from trance and dropped Castiel to the ground, "Forget about today. Do not think about it. Or speak about it. Forget about Veryan, he does not exist. Report whatever it is to Nicoletta and then go back."

I don't exist. That will be a difficult feat. I've already left my mark in the world. A big fucking dent. I am a difficult mess to clean.

"...Yes alpha...but," Castiel hesitated, "Nicoletta is, sort of, scary."

I laughed. 5'1 Nicoletta? Odd, sure. Scary, debatable. Castiel glared at me. I shot him a smile. That glare was so very familiar, but my mind would not let me remember.

Landon stared at him and he hurried away following Landon's orders. He returned his eyes to me, so light in the morning sun starkly contrasted with dark eyebags.

Not caring. Boring. Bored. A constant state towards me; seldom any change.

"You most likely deserved whatever Castiel gave to you," he stated as if it were fact, "But, even if you are trying to defend yourself, do not try to hurt my pack members."

I huffed, "I can't even defend myself?Great. That dense fucker probably gave me brain damage and you say I deserved it so why aren't you mad at me? Should I insult your mother again?"

"Veryan," he grabbed my face, "I am trying, but I do not care enough to get angry about your stupid actions. I never even cared enough to reject you all those years ago. All this is now is hormones. A bond that is a mistake."

All those years ago. There was nothing I wanted more than death. Now I live, to make this mother fucker die.

"What a convenient excuse," I smiled into his hands, so warm they burned me, "But formidable alpha Landon, you little liar. You care. You do not want this curse to be broken. You sadistic fuck. It's too late now."

He pulled me closer to him, expression never changing, "Veryan, it's never too late."