𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 // 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟?

the title reminds me of new invention by idkhow. i was so tempted to write "i'm having...BAD DREAMS and NOTHING YOU CAN DO WILL KEEP THE-"
anyways <3 this is kinda like. a sequel to the angst chapter 'look, it's me'. like this takes place in the following week or so.

-

Owen woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily as he remembered the dream he has just had. He was back in the factory, tied to the same chair, the same instruments being used to hurt him. His body ached. Everything hurt, and the dream didn't help. He had to turn around and latch himself onto Curt, who was sleeping soundly next to him, just to try and remind himself he was awake now.

Curt stirred a bit at the change and rolled over so he was facing Owen, his eyes opening slowly.

"Why are you awake?" He asked, squeezing his  hand. Owen sighed.

"Bad dream. I'm okay, love."

"Are you sure?"

Owen hesitated, but nodded slowly. "I'm okay. Go back to sleep, you need the rest as much as I do."

Curt pulled Owen closer to him and closed his eyes again.

-

Owen hadn't shut his eyes for hours. He wasn't surprised when he watched the sun come up, or when the clock showed 7:24 AM. He was tired, but he would rather die than have to relive that dream. This was the third time he'd dreamt about it, and each time was almost as bad at the real one.

He quietly moved Curt's arms off of him and slid out of bed, walking out of the room as quiet as possible and into the living room downstairs. He kay himself on the couch and turned on the TV. Nothing good was on, but he needed the background noise.

He tried so hard to fall asleep, and it took him an hour for the work to pay off.

-

It was half past ten AM now, and Curt was just waking up. He frowned when he realized Owen wasn't lying next to him, but he figured hey! Maybe he just got up early, no biggie, right?

Wrong!

Poor guy was passed out on the couch, dark circles under his eyes. Curt quietly sat himself down next to him, careful not to wake him up, and pulled the covers up on him. He thought about waking him up or moving him to their bed, but he didn't want to risk him being unable to fall back asleep. So he kissed Owen's forehead, made sure he had a pillow, and started breakfast.

—————-

YES it was only 381 words, YES i should be asleep, NO you shouldn't yell at me 🤬🤬