operation real smile?

*Hi. I'm such a naughty girl... I'm so bad at working on these things. I feel a tug between I'm old and outgrown of this but also duty and it's still fun......... sorrryyyyyyy. here's a new chapter for the people who have begged for two years. I'm so sorry.

I bow to Ritsu, of course, him being older than me and never one to cause problems but always one to be apologizing for them. "Hello, Ritchan. It's been a long time."

"Oh.. Oh hello, Kuroi-san." I realize he might be intimidated by my lack of smile, but it's been a long day to start faking now. "Y-You're growing to be as tall as your brother..."

I stop my bow and decide I'm not going to deal with this today, turning to head to my shared room. Yuki grabs me before I can head away.

"Ah... Yuki-san, your face is more like Aya-niisan's everyday..." Ritsu remarks in his usual timid stammer, and Yuki harshly turns to stalk off to ruin Ritsu's one moment of peace. Still the same as ever, ashamed and embarrassed about everything, talking up all the worry and apologies in Japan.

I wave my hand. "It's okay, Ritchan. You didn't know they don't get along, it was a mistake. Come back, Yuki," I grabbed him tightly by the arm with the one that isn't bandaged. If I have to deal, so does he.

The front door shuts, and it seems Kyo has arrived back as well.

"Oh, here's your second chance," Shigure says to him.

"O-oh, Kyo. It's nice to see you. I'm glad you and Yuki get along well enough to live together now," he says with a kind smile, but these poor twisted boys don't really get the point of someone trying their earnest.

"Huh?! Him?" Kyo points across my body aggressively at Yuki. "We don't get along!"

Ritsu shriek is shrill as he sweats profusely, shying away from their outburst. "I'm so sorry! I take it back that you two get along!" He stands, determined to escape the wrong direction. "I'll leave now! I apologize for staying too long! I'll be taking my leave now!"

"Please, wait!" Tohru cries, stopping him but I realize, she must have not guessed he was a young man. The next instant, he transforms into a cowering monkey, and she falls back. "I th-thought she was a gi.. girl..."

"I'm sorry!!!"

After calming him down and letting him transform back, we sit at the table again.

"Okay, Tohru-kun. Here's the thing: Ritchan is a male. But he's worn girls' clothes since he was young," Shigure explains.

"Oh... I see... But, why girls' clothes?" Tohru asks.

"Ah, they make me feel calmer when I wear them. At first it was just to try it out. But once I realized I felt more at peace that way, I couldn't stop. I'm sorry, I'm embarrassed of myself.

"Please don't be! It suits you really well! It's really beautiful."

"I'm not sure if that helps, Tohru-kun," Shigure remarks.

"Yes. You'll be going to work soon, right Ritsu-san?" Yuki asks. "Will you wear girls' clothes then too?"

Ritchan looks dismayed. "I suppose I shouldn't."

I put my head in my hand. "I guess Japan isn't really that progressive when it comes to workwear, very stifling and uncolourful."

They look at me like I'm crazy.

I roll my eyes. "I'm socially intelligent, you people are so weird about saying these things out loud."

"You know it's a matter of time before they start calling you "hafu" when you address social norms and freedoms bluntly like that," Shigure remarks.