don't distract from the now

"Here. This is my Grandpa's address." Tohru puts a paper on the table, leaving me to stare at it emptily.

"You are leaving tomorrow?" Shigure asks, taking it. "Well, thank you for taking care of us. When you get home, please take care."

"Okay! I will not despair!" Tohru smiles.

I solemnly head upstairs, helping her finish packing. I am complaining on the inside. Couldn't she stay? Wasn't she happier here? That's what I keep thinking when she is gone in the morning.

I put on shorts and a white top, and am lucky I had just finished when Yuki slides the door open quickly. "We're leaving. We're going to go get her. We're bringing her back," he states, and grabs me and starts dragging me down the hall.

I pull away, growling and grabbing my oversized, fluffy, pink cardigan. "Gosh, how do you expect to get the address in the first place?"

"By force. Shigure can't fight," Yuki says, and dashes off to Shigure's study. There's some yelling and crashing and then he comes out with the address paper. "Got it."

"I'm coming too, rat boy!" Kyo yells, grabbing the address and running out. Yuki takes it back, but I stop them before they get in a fistfight and take the address myself.

"I know better than to trust you guys," I say, walking a little faster to get ahead, slipping on the cardigan with the goosebumps filling my arms.

We reach the house after a few circles until realizing it's the only house under construction, and Yuki doesn't even bother to knock, opening the door. He goes straight down the hall and Kyo pushes past me as I stand in confusion.

I snap back to reality. "Hey! You can't just walk into someone's house!" I say, running after them.

"Let's go!" Kyo grabs Tohru and starts walking her out.

I see Tohru's grandpa and family. "Um, sorry for their lack of manners and us all coming in like this. And um... If you think it's bad for her to be living with a bunch of guys..." I lean on Yuki's shoulder. "I live there too. They're all family like my third cousins... a lot further down actually, and stuff... I ain't letting them get away with anything... not that they'd do anything really... They're responsible and behave like protective... brothers...? I am her adoptive sister after all, Kyoko-san took care of me so I will take care of her! I promised!"

"I'm gonna go grab her luggage," Yuki says and I am caught off guard when he moves, stumbling over my feet.

"I'm gonna go... scope the situation." I balance myself quickly, then bow to her grandfather before heading out.

"I don't even know why we did it!" Kyo says as I catch up. "It's just, when you're not around I can't calm down! And just because I don't know why I just get more agitated! And... one more thing. If you didn't want to leave you should have said so from the start! To let you do what you want... that wouldn't do much bad, would it? Even if you said something sad or something ignorant, that's okay. Even if you're sad, that's not a problem!"

"Kyo--" I start.

"Let me finish please."

"No, Kyo you made her cry."

"I... I want to go back!" Tohru says through her tears. "I want to go... back home with everyone!"

I grin only slightly at this, forgetting the price of happiness for a moment. "Then let's get a move on already." I grab her wrist and start running. "Later, orange top!"

"Hey!" He runs after us.

I swing open the front door so fast it slams. "We've rescued princess Tohru! From ... I don't know. Her Grandpa was pretty nice actually. From constricting places?"