pristemps for new visitors

It's a day with beautiful weather, although chilly still, I can smell the freshly cut grass and pollen, meaning flowers were getting ready to bud. Soon it'd be warm again, and the birds were beginning to come back. This means I can cause lots more trouble for the household when I'm in need of favours.

It's quiet at the table, Shigure with the paper as usual and I with a book. Then the door bursts open, bags rustling full of groceries and medicine for the cabinet, and just about all the basic necessities for a full house. "I'm here!" Nanami announces, her foot coming down on the ground after pulling the sliding door open with it.

"My god, you are lively today," I laugh.

"Well, I made a promise to Yuki-san, so I have to visit often! And before you ask, it's a secret!" she remarks. "Have you had lunch yet?"

"Promise? Blowj--"

I smack Shigure with my book. "Scum!"

She gets to work in the kitchen when suddenly Yuki comes in holding a snake, which I hate the most and shriek at as he holds it to Shigure's face.

"Let's skin it and eat it," Yuki says coldly.

"Eep!" I cry, jumping to the cabinet and perching high and huddled on it in the corner. "Get that out of here... I hate snakes!" I look more closely at the snake's dismayed look and pale white scales as it can't even find the energy to escape Yuki's hand. "Is that Ayame? I don't know if that's worse or not..."

Suddenly he darts in my direction, latching around my bare wrist and slithering up my long sleeve and I scream. Such a bad day for shorts and a loose long-sleeve. "Get him off!!" I cry.

Nanami looks amusedly at me. "I wouldn't have thought these things are what terrify you. Especially since this another one of the zodiac, so I can infer!"

Yuki grabs him out from the back of my shirt as I cower in my perch. "Let's skin him, quick!"

Just then he transforms, enveloping the room and smoke and there in naked glory, he stands dazzling, flipping his long white hair behind his shoulder. He's flaunting it.

I scream again, covering my eyes. I think Nanami has to do a double-take, considering his resemblance to Yuki would have to be down to the bone...

"Dirty!" she cries herself, squatting and covering her eyes.

Once Ayame's dressed, more elegantly than Yuki but in the same chinaesque-style, he introduces himself. "Hello!" he cries. "I'm Ayame, Yuki's older brother! Yuki, long time no see! And baby Kyo is here too?"

"Don't call me baby Kyo!" Kyo snaps back.

"And I heard the little birdy is here–" Ayame turns to me, stroking my shoulders as if his fingers were the tails of snakes and I shudder. "It's unfortunate you're so squeamish at the sight of me! But you're not so little anymore, it's been a long time!"

"Ha-hi, Ayame," I stutter, trying to recompose myself to talk to him like he's a human and not a snake. "I'm sorry, it's not you I just r-really dislike sna...snakes."

"And you must be Tohru!" He leans down to peer into her face with a smile. "A princess trapped in a house of dirty men! I'm sorry for latching on, it's just I transform in the cold and to get warm is just instinct!"

"Wait, I'm here! I don't want to be lumped in again!" I cry, but no one pays any heed.

"Excuse me," says Nanami, leaning down politely so he can notice her face. "Yuki-kun never told us he has an older brother."

At the sound of his name, Yuki transforms from sheer embarrassment. He really just needs to get used to it...

"Ah!" cries Ayame, straightening up again. "So you must be Nanami, how wonderful you're both here! You must come to lunch with me, my treat!"