look out for each other

As for escape, it's cut short by--- Guess what? Yuki having his coughing fit as I had suspected would happen if he came to this stupid thing.

"Sorry," I apologize, before pushing Tohru into a hug with Hatsuharu.

"Why couldn't you do that yourself?" Kyo asks annoyedly.

I eye him. "You think I want to touch him? No way."

Poof! We have a cow. I help Kyo lift Yuki onto Haru that way. so we can carry him back home.

"Postponing our duel, alright?" Haru notes to Kyo.

"Yeah, I'm cool with that. Guess we're skipping this run too...!" Kyo spits, but he looks guilty. Making all those girly comments about Yuki and really not understanding until now... what was there to expect?

"Oh, but she could have hugged Yuki and carried him instead. Greedy, greedy boy you just wanted to hug her..." I say.

"Pah! Let's go, show me the way!" Haru says and obediently Tohru takes the lead. "Although, I'm lucky to hug such a cute girl after all..."

As soon as we appear at home, Shigure starts laughing. "You carried him here like that?" he asks, laughing.

"What so damn funny?" Haru snaps.

"Nothing at all..." Shigure still snorts a little. He picks up Yuki easily, carrying him to his bedroom and laying him down. In an instant, after inhaling a puffer, the boy is fast asleep and having no difficulty breathing in a matter of minutes. Shigure smirks and sighs with relief. "It doesn't seem like it was a very serious attack, so he'll be fine. Don't you worry Tohru, you can go back to school now."

"A-- But I... I want to stay by Sohma-san's side," Tohru says. "Going to school is important, but I wouldn't want to leave him alone."

I gasp suddenly with realization. "I've escaped! I can call Nanami to bring our stuff!"

"Oh no, no need to trouble her," Shigure says, and I notice the slight tinge in his cheeks. "I can go get the stuff, you just stay here and take it easy. And call Hatori too, while you're at it."

"Perv--What?! Me? I don't like that guy, get Kyo to do it!" I say.

"I'll do it," Haru says, suddenly transforming to the horrified cries of myself and Tohru. "Where's the phone?"

"Put clothes on first!"

While Haru talks on the phone, I go ahead and wash my face and apply fresh deodorant. I was out only for a little, and hardly running, but I didn't want to smell at all and filling a bath at this time didn't feel right. I change into my regular black shirt and short overalls, letting my sweaty hair down and putting it into braids till I can wash it later.

"Oi! Chicken Little..." Haru calls, holding the phone.

"Oh, call me a chicken again and we can test if you can run around without your head!" I hiss. "Ugly Cow, why're you still here?"

"Hey, no insults to my fashion! As the rooster's younger sister, isn't it appropriate?" Haru snaps back. "This girl named Nanami wants to talk to you. Who's she anyways? The purple haired one?"

"Mhm. She's over here often, like Tohru, she understands the secret and usually is looking out for them at school," I remark, then take the school. "Hi there. Yuki wasn't feeling well, so we took him home.

"Oh, thank goodness, I was worried when none of you showed up. I was thinking 'oh! That Haru kid must have been too tough and actually took all three of you down!' You I can believe for sure, I wasn't sure about Kyo, but Yuki was weak so he wouldn't have had the strength to defend himself," Nanami remarks over the phone.