001

──────────

──────────

THE RAIN CASCADING IN THE KINGDOM OF MORAVELL HAD STOPPED. The smell of fresh grass was distinctive with a touch of rain in the air. Who could have thought after the rain was beautiful? It was certainly beautiful in its way. Commoners had a hard time rushing on and about their lives, even with the muddy walkways and wet coats. It did not stop them from todayʼs festivities. An important day in the history of this kingdom. The beginning of a new reign.

The Crown Prince of Moravell was about to be married. His bride was to be crowned Princess of Moravell right after.

His people were elated by the announced engagement nine months ago. They were certain no one slept a wink that night. It was such a huge deal for them, considering they had yet to see the prince up close or even knew his physical appearance. Nobody knew what he looked like except for the royal family and their close confidants. An announcement like this, however, sparked hopes of seeing him. It would be the first time people would see him, and they were more than excited; exculant was the right word to describe it.

The High Lady of Halvorsen, on the other hand, does not feel that way. It was not because of the rain or for facing people that would soon bow to her, it was due to the betrothal that was about to happen in less than an hour. A marriage she had no idea about and hadn't come to terms with, even after all these months of preparing.

Her good of a father did not mention it until recently.

"You are a work of art, Your Grace." The lady-in-waiting Edith Lane murmured, straightening and adjusting the layers of fabric of the bride's dress, "It is no wonder they chose you to be the next queen. Youʼre all the kingdom needs—charismatic, confident, has a winning attitude, and speaks eloquently. Also, you are captivating. The prince wonʼt be able to take his eyes off of you."

"Hardly," Calista replied, "All I want is to get rid of this ridiculous elephantine gown. I can barely breathe and it is too tight for my liking."

It was true, though. The wedding dress had a ton load of froth of flounces. The fabric had beautiful hand-sewn sequins that took over almost half a year to complete. Her top was fitted, a high neck cap sleeve hugging her figure. To top it off, the cathedral train ruffle was made of lace beading glitter. Although she wanted a simple and traditional dress for the special day, the people working on the design were deaf to her request and went on a quite modern and exquisite approach.

It was too gigantic for her liking.

Her neck was covered with what must be the finest jewelry she had ever received, a platinum diamond necklace. Gifted by none other than the Queen of Moravell, it was truly a beauty with its shining demeanor. It was also a perfect match for the ring that now sat on her left finger. It was a reminder. The weight of what was about to come.