005.

──────────

──────────

A WEEK HAS GONE BY since the Crown Prince of Havia left the grounds of Moravell. A lot has happened. He did not stay for his cousin's welcome-back party and did not bother to inform that he intended on leaving that night.

"Weary for your thoughts, miss?" one of the other ladies-in-waiting of the princess, Judith Melian asked as she handed her a glass of water. She got worried for the princess who absentmindedly stared at the skies through her suite for what seemed like hours.

"My life," Calista responded minutes after, "does not feel mine anymore."

Judith was unsure of what to say given that she was merely a servant to the princess and does not have this grand life in her arsenal. Unlike the lady who turned princess, Judith came from a family of servants. A family that was dedicated to serving the crown for generations. Her mouth opened for a reply, but nothing came out.

"I would like to take a walk in the garden." now that Arwin became occupied with the upcoming coronation, Calista has been spending her time in the gardens, by the library, or the knitting room specifically made for her. It was a gift from the king, who happened to know about her passion for knitting. She'd been in the room about three times this past week and it was everything she wanted. Her father did not approve of her putting effort into knitting, and would always complain when he'd see a knitting needle and threads in her room or quite literally anywhere else in his Manor. It was a relief to know her father-in-law did not mind. Or maybe he did but kept quiet about it, knowing that Arwin would step in and let his wife do anything she wants.

"A stroll in the garden without your husband?" Ariah commented once she caught sight of her sister-in-law alone, except for her lady-in-waiting and guards that were nearby. She was not with her husband.

"A busy week for the future king." was her only reply.

"I'm sure it is. What more when he's king?" the princess royal said in a modulated voice.  She walked beside her, at a distance to show respect. "I don't think we've had the chance to have a moment alone. A bond, as sisters."

That was, in fact, true. Ever since Ariah was announced to the kingdom, she had got occupied with mingling with old friends and relatives. Calista was glad for her to be back, however, it felt as if she had a reason to return. Does she want the crown? She shook her head. It was too soon and disrespectful to assume such concept.

Setting that thought away, her eyes caught hers with glimmers. "Yes, I thought so too. We should have a girl's day, including your little sister. She's very lovely."

"I'll arrange the details, but it may happen after Arwin's coronation. I've got a full plate for these next three weeks."

"Oh, it's alright. I understand. I'm sure you've been busy adjusting and catching up with people. How long do you plan on staying?"