003

──────────

──────────

DUBROVKA PALACE UNDER ATTACKED LAST NIGHT, the newspaper headline stated.

During an uneventful evening, the royal palace of Moravell was attacked by unknown terrorists. Sources say these terrorists wore black masks and held guns at their disposal. We have no information as to why there was an attack, although palace officials have informed the public that the royal family is safe and were relocated to an unnamed safe house for the time being. This attack was likely directed at the future king, HRH Arwin Dubrovka, and his wife, the newly crowned Princess, HRH Calista Halvorsen Dubrovka, after the revelation of his identity in their grand wedding last month.

──────────

Arwin sighed, taking his eyes off the article he read. It had been two days since the attack and they were still in the safe house. Who knows if there will be another attack? Once the palace was cleared, they will be allowed to head back.

"Your Highness," a voice called from the door. "Your presence is requested at the King and Queen's suite."

"I'll be there," he replied, propping himself to stand, "Have you seen my wife?"

"Her Highness is with your youngest sister, sir. Would you like me to fetch her?"

"No, thank you. You are dismissed." the door shut closely and he let himself take a deep breath. He wondered what his wife and sister were doing. Maybe in the gardens, taking a stroll in the lovely weather? His sister was only ten years old but had the intelligence of an adult.

He headed out of his makeshift 'study' with an accompanied guard. The King, his father, requested for them to have at least one guard at all times. It was a necessary precaution for their safety.

The said guard walked behind his trail, unnoticed. Arwin contemplated whether to make a stop in the gardens or head straight for his parent's suit. He chose the latter, a little bit bothered that he was not able to see the two.

The prince spoke once he passed the threshold of his beloved parents' suite. "You asked for my presence?"

"Yes, dear." Queen Lilith acknowledged, "Please, take a seat."

At the sight of his parents, Arwin couldn't help but have some suspicion. It was not likely for them to call him alone; it was usually with his other siblings unless it was something important--for the kingdom.

He spotted his father laid in the cushions of the king-sized bed. He was frail than the last time he saw him, a little over a week ago. He smiled softly and his father returned the gesture, in a crooked manner. "Father."

King Rupert managed to give out, "I am getting older, son."

He knew that. He was well aware of it. His parent's reign has lasted more than a monarch should. They have ruled for fifty years when they were only allowed for forty years. At the time of their fortieth year, Arwin was merely eighteen years old. He was of legal age to rule once he turned eighteen but he felt as if it was not his time yet. It still was not. Well, at least not after a year or two from now. He was just recently married and they expect him to take over the throne?