006.

──────────

──────────

"TODAY, WE ARE GATHERED HERE to commemorate the late king. His Royal Majesty Rupert Dubrovka lived an amazing life with his wonderful family. He has served the kingdom for fifty years with all his might. Let us know more about His Majesty. His firstborn daughter, Her Highness Princess Ariah will give a short biography." the officiant spoke in front of a crowd of a thousand, gathered around at St. David's Chapel, Noelle Castle.

The royal family of the deceased sat in the very first row, all in their black clothing. The Dowager Queen stood in between Arwin and the youngest royal, Anica. Lilith's face was covered in a black veil, she would sniffle a tear occasionally. Besides the prince was Calista, and his sister Ariah.

"A pleasant day to all of you. For anybody who doesn't know me, I am his firstborn daughter and the fraternal twin of Prince Arwin," she started, locking eyes with her twin. "There are many things for which my father will be remembered, but what we will never forget is his passion for our family and kingdom. To begin, Rupert Archibald Noelle Dubrovka was born on January 12, 1959, at Noelle Castle. He was the only son of former King Archibald Dubrovka and Queen Delilah Noelle Dubrovka. Had been married to Queen Lilith Hedrick Dubrovka for twenty-seven years and had three children with her and a daughter-in-law.

Ever since he assumed the throne, he had this zeal of commitment to serve our people. Although I haven't been in his life for the past years, I do not doubt that he was a great leader. Just how he was a great husband and father. Before he met our mother, he was a wild bachelor. Mother would always say how father went on dangerous but exciting adventures. He'd get in trouble for staying out late and drunk, without knowing he impulsively arranged a betrothal with a lady. He did not know yet that she would become his one true love. Mother was furious with him during the first weeks of their marriage, as she had no idea of the deal he made with her father. They could not file for a divorce without reason and she had to live with him. As weeks turned into months, Rupert courted her."

Calista was surprised, she did not know her in-laws had an arranged marriage as well. She fluttered her eyes to her husband, registering the unreadable expression on his face.

"— Rupert was a man of many things. He was an excellent leader, a formidable soldier, a loving husband, and a caring father. He has lived a long life. We will forever cherish him and his memory. Ad astra, nunc et in perpetuum."

To the stars, now and forever.

"Ad astra, nunc et in perpetuum!" the crowd chanted, going on one knee.

The officiant blessed the casket once more before it was lifted. It will be headed to the royal's burial place, a burial chamber just outside the skirts of Noelle Castle.

"Are you alright?" asked Calista to Arwin once the voices lowered and people started leaving. It has been days since she last saw him before the king's death. He'd gotten occupied since then. The two of them trailed behind the queen and his siblings, headed to the reception hall.