I Did It To Protect You

Another decision making chapter

Leafy's POV

Coiny and I walked throughout the store, looking for an outfit. I was thinking something simple, but he was thinking more fancy. Though that wasn't exactly my type..ah..there's nothing wrong with trying something new. He pulled out a dress, and showed it to me. I shook my head no, and he groaned.

"Come on leafy! This is your first ever date! You're wanna look good!" He said, digging through the other clothes. I noticed a skirt in front of me, it looked like something I would wear. I showed it to Coiny, and his eyes lit up.

"Yes! That's more like it! Now let's find a top for you!" He pulled one out, and placed it slightly above the skirt.

The top was a sparkly black laced top, with a solid black silk fabric behind it to avoid showing a lot of skin. The skirt was a dark green pleated skirt.

"What to pair this with though..." he said, running his fingers through his hair. I seen Flower off in the distance, shopping herself. Maybe she could help? She was pretty good in the fashion department. I called her over, and she smiled huge, making her way over.

"Hey Leafy! What's up?" She asked, holding a couple skirts herself. She looked at what I had, and gasped. "Woah! That would look so cute on you! What's the occasion?" I smiled big, excited to tell her.

"Well, I have a date tonight at 8 with Needle! Would you mind..helping me out? Find some shoes and accessories?" Flowers smile dropped, and she rubbed her arm, before sighing. She nodded, and gave me a faint smile. "S-sure! I can do that! Follow me!"

She picked out some black shoes, and tights, and handed me some jewelry. "These would go great with your outfit leafy." She said, but wouldn't give me eye contact. I thanked her, and she left fairly quickly. Coiny was as confused as I was, and shrugged.

"Maybe she has things to do?" He said, and him and I made it to the register, where I paid for everything. "Mmm...maybe? Well we'll worry about it later. Let's go! I've got that date to get ready for!" Coiny nodded, and the 2 of us rushed over.

Flower's POV

I quickly ran out of the mall, trying to get ahold of Firey. I knew he absolutely adored leafy, and her and Needle would more then definitely hit it off. But the thing was..

Needle's...kinda like Firey. But worse. She was lesser known then Firey for it, since well, Firey is way more popular, but Needles known by few for literally cheating on people right away, and just overall treating them like shit. And then she claims to have "gotten better" and "changed" but that's all a fucking lie.

"What's up Flower? Sorry I took so long, I just got done with practice." He finally picked up. I explained the whole situation to him, and he was silent for a couple seconds. "She's...going on a date...with NEEDLE?!" He said, I could tell he was upset. Clearly.

"Yes! I wouldn't lie Firey! Tonight! At 8! They're going to hit it off for sure. You know needle has that special charm of hers." Firey went silent again, and I heard his motorcycle start up. He sighed. "Alright. I'll see what I can do." He replied, and hung up.

I put my phone in my purse, and looked up as Ruby came rushing towards me. I forgot I was meeting her today. "Hey Flower! Ready to do some shopping?" She said, happily jumping up and down. I nodded, I did forget to buy those skirts I liked anyways since I dropped them and left in a panic.

Firey's POV

As I hit the highway, i was..angry. Needle is the absolute worst person for leafy to go with. I just..I want to protect her. I'm not trying to get everyone to hate her just so she'll come to me, I swear.