Nightly Thoughts

Leafy's POV

As soon as I got in my room, I stopped at my mirror and looked at myself. I was blushing like an idiot, and had Firey's jacket on still. I could just give him the jacket tomorrow..But why am I blushing so much?

"It was one interaction..one good interaction for once and here I am falling for him." I took a deep breath. "Firey...how I want to spend more time with you still..WHAT AM I SAYING?"

I threw myself down on my bed, still holding his jacket close to me. It was still super warm from when he had put it on me. I could hear my mom walk back in the house, and listened as her footsteps reached my door. She knocked, and I sat up a little. "Come in!" The door opened, and she sat next to me.

"Leafy, you know I don't mind who you hang out with, as that's none of my business, but I thought you were going on a date with Needle. And I figured Coiny would bring you back like he usually does. Why did Firey bring you back this time? I thought you and him didn't hang out anymore." She turned towards me, and waited for my response.

"Well...the date was a bust. Long story. To make it short, basically firey...in a way sabotaged the date...b-but for a good reason, and he wanted to take me out as a way to apologize, and asked if him and I could be friends. The only reason he brought me back was because I told coiny to leave." She simply nodded, before getting up and walking out.

I took the jacket off, examining it closely. It was a regular black windbreaker, with a orange and yellow flame embroidery patch sewn onto it. The stitches were somewhat messy, but it added character. He had some pins on clipped on too. As I held the jacket in my hands, I felt some weight on one of the sides. I looked inside the jacket, to see a hidden pocket. Opening it, there were a couple things in there.

An extra pin that wasn't on the jacket, it seemed to be broken. There was a charging cord, a gold necklace with some charms on it, and..

His phone.

"Shit...he's probably looking for it..I can't go out, it's too late now..I'll just give it to him first thing on the morning." I said to myself, seeing there was one more thing in the pocket. A note. There seemed to be a small bag taped to it. As I shook it, it made a jingling sound. It wasn't like me to snoop through things, so I just put the note back without opening it, and plugged his phone in.

I reached over to my nightstand, and turned my lamp off, hanging up the jacket on the side of my bed, and I called it a night as I fell asleep, thinking of the night I just had. It was definitely something indeed.

Firey's POV

I sighed as I pulled into my driveway, hopping off my motorcycle. "It's fine. She'll give me back the jacket in the morning. There wasn't anything important in there." I picked up my backpack, walking to the door, when the door opened, and my mom stood there, smiling at me.

"Soooooooo" she began. Here we go again. "How was your date with Leafy?" She knew I had a huge crush on Leafy, and tried to make fun of me every chance she got. I gave a loud sigh, and began explaining while she followed me up the stairs to my room.

"It wasn't a date mom. It was simply a..a nice dinner and a walk along the boardwalk. That's it. I gave her a ride home, and came back here. Nothing happened." I groaned, plopping down on my bed. She laughed at me, she could see the blush on my cheeks. God just talking about today made me feel all fuzzy.

"Well you're gonna have to tell her at some point dear. What if someone else takes interest in her and decides to go out with her? Then what will you do?" That question sounded genuine, and it really got me thinking. What would I do? I've liked her for this long...I didn't want to lose her.

"You're..you're right. I'll..I'll tell her when the time is right. When there's no distractions." I replied, looking over at my mom. She nodded, approving my response. She got up, walking to the door. Just as she was going to leave, she turned back to me, smiling.

"I just know she'll say yes to you." She said, and closed the door. I laid down on my bed, thinking for a bit. I reached for my phone in my pocket, when...it wasn't there. I thought about where I left it last...

Ah...right. It's in my windbreaker. Well she must have seen it already and will give it to me tomorrow.  Speaking of which..what else was in there? My phone..some cash in another pocket..my charger, that broken pin I still need to fix..

What else?

Oh right, that charm necklace too that got tangled. Gotta find time to untangle that. I could have sworn there was something else in there too..ah. Its probably nothing too bad. Just wish I had my phone with me. But it's alright, shes not one to take my stuff.

I shut my lamp off, pulling my blankets close to me, allowing myself to finally get some rest. Just as I was about to fall asleep though..it hit me. I threw myself forward in a shock, remembering the last thing in my jacket.

The fucking note.

How could I forget? God..this is bad. This is really bad. That note..that confession note. I was gonna give it to leafy today. But I decided against it. She was upset as it was, and I didn't want to risk her saying no.

It also had some jewelry in it. Another charm necklace and a charm bracelet. My hands were shaking. I hope to god she doesn't open that note. Please don't let her be one of those girls that snoops like crazy. I'm not ready for her to reject me.

I threw myself back down, taking a couple deep breaths in, and out in an attempt to calm myself down.

"Come on leafy..don't open that fucking note. Please don't open it.." I whispered, trying to calm down completely. If she opens that note..tomorrow will be really interesting.

Major apologies for not updating in a while. No motivation. I'm not sure how to feel about this chapter, but ah. I guess it'll do.

.......

Also...

Gives you all a small smile

I..I have a bf now-

HEHEHEHHEHEHEHHE RUNS

1155 Words