Ch. 2 - Down Memory Lane

4 years ago (12-06-2017)

I got administration in 'Chinarath university' one of the best university in Thailand. I found a PG close to my university and took all my stuff there. I was almost done with arranging my things when I heard the doorbell.
As I opened the door a handsome looking with milky white skin was standing at the door with his bags. He had a mesmerising pair of eyes and perfect lips, he turned his head to the right to pick up his bag that's when I saw the scare at the end of his left eyebrow which makes him look hotter. He was wearing a simple black T-shirt with a pair of jeans. He told me that he is my roommate. I happily welcomed him. He put his stuff on the floor and laid down on the bed. "You are a nice person, I was worried about what type of person will be my roommate and how am I gonna adjust and all," he said looking at the ceiling. "It'll take some time to adjust to the new environment but once you get used to it everything will be fine," I said and he just nodded his head still looking at the ceiling. After a minute of silence, I asked him his name and he introduced himself as 'Sarawat Guntithanon' and I told him my name 'Teepakorn' he thought something, looking at me and said 'can I call you Tine' My ears turned red after hearing my new nickname, I smiled and nodded my head.

We decided to divide the work like cooking, cleaning and washing. He said we will cook together so that it will be easy and quick. Our bed were opposite each other. My bed was beside the window, he asked me to exchange the bed but I refused as I love to stargaze, he chuckled hearing my reason and said that I am an imaginative person. After that, he said nothing and fell asleep maybe he upset that I refuse to exchange the bed.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for the classes, while my roommate was still sleeping... shirtless. I can't but admire his well-built body.

"Sarawat, wake up or else you will be late for the classes." I tried to wake him up but he just turned to his left facing the wall and continued his sleep. I took a glass of water And sprinkled some water on his face, he woke up curing me.
"You are running late Sarawat, go get fresh quickly."
He thanked me for waking him up and said that it is going to be my responsibility to wake him up, we exchange a smile before he entered the bathroom.

Our campus was vast, full of greenery, big playgrounds and garden areas with benches, the classrooms were air-conditioned, with clean lobbies. entered campus saw many new faces with different styles. Sarawat was looking damn attractive, girls were going gaga over him, why they won't, Sarawat was handsome indeed. At lunchtime, two girls came to him asking for a date but he refused them saying that he is already has a girlfriend. Hearing this the smile on my face dropped. After classes with we got back to our room I ask him about his girlfriend, he said that she is his childhood friend and he loves her a lot.

I thought that my story ended before it even begins. My thoughts were interrupted by Sarawat's voice asking me about my girlfriend.

"I never had one and I don't wanna tell the reason and crack our newly built friendship," I said with a sad smile.

"Are you-" before he could complete the sentence I got what he was gonna say and replied, "yes, I am not into girls." He didn't look shocked by my words but upset,
"Sarawat?"

"Do you think that low of me? You thought if you told me this it will affect our friendship huh?

"No, I mean it that way it's just that not everyone thinks like you, as now we are good friends please keep this a secret."

"Don't worry your secrets are safe with me but will I safe with you?" Sarawat started teasing me and I punched his arm "You won't be if you keep teasing me like that." And we both laughed at this.

We became best friends now, we use to hang out with each other, help each other with studies, we know each other's taste in food, clothing etc. Sarawat used to make coffee for me as he was a pro at making it and it was my favourite. I gifted him a perfume of his favourite brand, no it wasn't any special day just that we use to buy things and food for each other sometimes. We used to click selfies, invite our other friends to our place to have drinks and play games. I feel better when we were together, we were always there for each other in all the situations. We never joined any plan without the other one. I also use to tease him whenever he talks to his girlfriend on a video call. We have become each other's family, our friendship was unbreakable as our bond use to get stronger.
Collecting this unforgettable memory we spent six months.

(18-12-17)

As usual, we were having our breakfast in the morning when he got a call from his school friends who told him that his girlfriend, eloped with a guy. Hearing this he eyes got teary. He tried to call his girlfriend but her number was not available anymore maybe she changed her number. Sarawat left the breakfast table and went to his bed and started crying, he was broken. I stayed at home comforting him. I also cooked his favourite green curry made by me but be said he was not in the mood to have anything. I convinced him to eat something and he agreed to eat.
I gave him a comforting hug and he cried his heart out.

After few minutes Sarawat stopped crying and said "I was always loyal to her, never thought of anyone else besides her, do I still deserve this?"

"All the people who always act good may not be that good. Many people in this world walk around with a mask, and now you know that. It will take some time to mend your broken heart but you'll be okay."

"Tine, It's easy for you to say, you'll know this when the person whom you loved the most will leave you"

"It's not like I am not understanding your pain, I am telling you not to think about it too much."

Sarawat got close cuddling me and closed his eyes. I don't know when I drifted into sleep cuddling Sarawat.

The next morning Sarawat woke me up and said sorry, cause of him I have to sleep uncomfortably.

"It's okay I'm your friend and can do anything to make you comfortable," I said and we exchanged a smile.

"Now let's get ready for the classes," Sarawat said getting out of the bed.

"It's Saturday, we don't have any classes today."

"Oh!"

"Let's hang out" I suggested

"No, let's just stay at home and watch some movie"

"Okay, then suggest a movie"

"Why don't you suggest"

"I normally watch BL dramas and not movies and I don't think you would like the idea so better you choose the movie," I said.

"I can watch anything that makes you happy"

"Using my words on me, huh?" I raised and eyebrows and he just chuckled "dramas are lengthy to watch, let's watch a movie you like." I continued

"Okay, then." He started his laptop to searched for a good movie and played 'Friends with benefit'
Sarawat seemed to be in deep thought while we were watching the movie. Sometimes what we watch affect our thoughts.

I had no idea that this movie will lead us into a complicated relationship.

To Be Continued...