Ch. 5 - Rainbow Eclipse

Author's POV

A gentleman wearing a black designer suit enters the party with a beautiful bouquet of pink roses, as he walks in pushing his black silky long shock of hair back with his long fingers, the people at the party were mesmerized by his deep brown orbs, his pink lips were curved in a beautiful smile that could make anyone fall for him at the first sight. Every girl at the party was drooling over him. He walks up to Rebecca's father and greeted him "Hello, uncle." Mr Perth's face showed a happy smile. "Welcome, Ekkarath"
Ekkarath is the kind of guy every girl fantasises about. Handsome, smart, stylish, rich. he looks like a complete package.
"Rebecca, he is Ekkarath, son of my friend." Mr. Perth introduces Ekkarath to Rebecca. "Nice to meet you," says Rebecca, Ekkarath gives the bouquet to Rebecca "Happy Birthday gorgeous, you are looking like a princess. May all bad things stay away from you." Ekkarath said and his eyes fell on the guy standing next to the birthday girl, whose arm was held by her. "I guess this handsome man is your boyfriend, am I right?" Ekkarath asked.
"Sarawat" the man introduced himself.
"Sarawat, you are a lucky guy," Ekkarath said looking at Rebecca who was blushing. "How do you know that he is my boyfriend?"

"I don't need to know much about someone, just by looking in your eyes I can tell about you more than you know about yourself.

"Smart Actually," Rebecca asks for everyone attention before she continues "he'll soon be more than my boyfriend," Rebecca says and turns to Sarawat "Sarawat, I want you to be more than my boyfriend, Will you marry me, baby?" Rebecca said with a wide smile and sparkling eyes. Everyone started cheering and clapping but Sarawat was stunned hearing Rebecca proposal. Tine was surprised too, he felt a tug in his heart. He just kept staring at Sarawat with empty eyes.

"Sarawat?"
Sarawat came back to his sense by Rebecca calling his name.

"Re-Rebecca what did you just say? I am not thinking about getting married, right now I-"

"Why? Don't you love me Sarawat?" Rebecca cuts Sarawat.

"It's not like that, I mean am not ready for marriage."

Tears started flowing down Rebecca's eyes. She didn't expect no as an answer from Sarawat. Jogs out of the party hall
as she can't stand people looking at her with sympathetic eyes.

Mr. Perth got angry as he saw his daughter crying.
"SARAWAT!!! How dare you make my princess cry on her birthday. Don't forget that you dwell on my money. Do you know how much money I spent on you all these years after you left your parent's house. you ungrateful son of bitch, What status do you hold huh?"

Listening to his uncle's bitter words brought tears in Sarawat's eyes but he holds them back. He can hear people gossiping about him.
Tine noticed that Sarawat is hurt.

"I was kind enough to raise you, give you money even when you didn't ask for and what you did is said no to my daughter's proposal. I offered you a job in my company cause Rebecca asked me to. And you rejected her proposal, you piece of trash." Mr Perth continues.

"I think your daughter was in love with this piece of trash a few minutes ago. Wasn't she? Mr. Perth? " Tine voiced

Hearing his high pitched voice with sarcastic tone Ekkarath turns to see the owner of the voice. He eyes Tine from top to bottom and was mesmerised by him, unknowingly he licked his lips.

Sarawat was shocked when he heard the familiar voice, he didn't expect this and a part of him was happy knowing that he is still his Tine who can't stay silent hearing a word against him.
He knows him very well and thus, tries to stop him "Tine, No"

Ekkarath eyes were still fixed on the bunny looking boy. He smiles on hearing his name "Tine" he whispers to himself.

Tine steps forward standing face to face with Mr Perth "Mr Perth, don't you think you're being overdramatic, Sarawat said that he is not ready for marriage and you already started calculating your financial help, What  kind of person you are? Did you just help him so that one day he will repay you, marry your daughter? When your daughter proposed to him you didn't say anything about his status or financial condition but now he said no, you are making him feel guilty and hurting him using harsh words, humiliating him in front of everyone"

"How dare you, brat?" Mr Perth said

"Watch your mouth Mr Perth, and first of all watch your daughter, she is like a leech who sticks with a guy and always looks at him with lustful eyes. I never saw Sarawat doing it, teach your stubborn daughter how to behave-"

'Slap'

A slap landed on Tine's face making his white cheek turn red. The whole party went silent, the sound of the slap was echoing in the hall. Ekkarath clutches his fist in anger, grinding teeth.

"ENOUGH! Uncle, you have spoken enough tonight" Sarawat saying as he steps in front of Tine. "Don't you dare to touch Tine"

Ekkarath curiously looks at Sarawat and Tine, their eyes were showing what was not expecting. He wipes the smirk that appeared on his face and said in a low voice "Mr Perth, many people are here, don't let them spoil your reputation any more. This will also affect your professional image, try to understand."
Mr Perth listen to him and after thinking for few seconds he turns to Sarawat and Tine "You both are fired from your jobs, tomorrow come to collect your termination letter and now get out of here"

"Let's go, Sarawat" Tine holds Sarawat's wrist takes him walks out of the party hall ignoring everyone, a small smile appears on Sarawat's face as Tine drags him.

Ekkarath watches two figures walking out 'Sarawat I can see love in your eyes for Tine and in Tine's eyes for you. I don't know what story you guys share and I don't care about it, cause Ekkarath will be writing your story now.
I think you should have said yes to Rebecca at least you won't have to face me but bad luck. I am coming for you Tine, I make sure you'll be mine soon." He thought and chuckled with a smirk pasted on his handsome face.

Then the eyes went to Mr Perth, he got a chair and made him sit on it "Relax uncle, getting hyper is not good for your health." Hands him a glass of water,
"That new employee Tine was so arrogant, I make sure he won't get employed anywhere else, I'll crush him." Mr Perth said after taking a few sips of water.

Ekkarath looks at him with vicious eyes and a wicked smile "You'll be to do something when you'll able to reach him" Ekkarath expressions changes as Mr Perth looks at him "What do you mean?"
Ekkarath smiles sweetly
"I mean he'll surely leave this city after he realises with whom he messed with."

Mr. Perth started laughing hearing the young man's words.

Everyone started leaving after Sarawat Tine left the party.

"Anyway, Uncle it's getting late I'll take a leave now," Ekkarath said when he saw almost everyone has left. He starts walking towards the door but stops midway turning back "Uncle, there's too much traffic outside, so be careful!" He says and waves his hand.

"Thank you son" they both exchanged a smile.

TO BE CONTINUED...