3

“Did she reject you again, James?” Remus asked James as he walked to his friends moping. It has now been a year since Aquila entered Hogwarts, which meant James and the rest of the Marauders were in their 6th year, while Aquila and Regulus were in their 5th year. Since James saw Aquila, he started to ask her out every day and every time he even saw her. But Aquila always turned him down, not only because he was her older brother's best mate, but because she didn’t think he ‘loved’ her because of her internal beauty, but she couldn’t be more wrong.

“What do you think?” James plotted himself down next to Sirius while screaming in frustration. 

“I know I should be glad she rejected you because she is my sister, but I honestly feel bad for you” Sirius chuckled as James frowned and threw a pillow at him.

“She still thinks you just like her because of her looks, Prongs, you have to prove her wrong” James sat up and looked at Remus. 

“How am I supposed to do that? I love her, and not because of her beauty” James laid down, putting his legs up on Sirius’ lap and used his arms to support his head.

“Hang out with her more, get to know her more, even if you already know almost everything about her, make her feel special, and THEN ask her out, but with meaning” James nodded at Remus before he got up and went to bed.

“He asked you out again, didn’t he?” When Aquila entered the common room, Narcissa and Regulus were already there waiting for Aquila to show up.

“Yes, how did you know?”

“Because you look frustrated?” Aquila rolled her eyes and sat down on another couch in front of them.

“You know Aquila, why don’t you give him a chance? He has been chasing you since you arrived last school year...at least get to know him and hang out with him? You might be surprised with how you will end up feeling” Aquila turned to Narcissa and sighed in defeat.

“Fine…” Narcissa stared at Aquila, giving her a look.

“OH you mean now?” Narcissa nodded as Regulus shook his head. Aquila then stood up and walked out of the common room, and towards the Gryffindor common room. Aquila knocked on the portrait in which Remus answered.

“Aquila? What are you doing here?” Aquila sighed before answering.

“Narcissa send me here, she told me to give James a chance to prove to me that he doesn’t just like me for my looks, and that I might surprise myself with what feelings i’ll get-” as Aquila was about to finish what she was going to say, James appeared at the portarat, and he heard everything. And let’s just say, he would be forever grateful to Narcissa.