secrets

Hermione P.O.V

I was sat reading on my bed when Ginny and Harry burst into the room. I close my book and put it down. I stand up looking at them with a questioning look.

"What's going on?" Ginny and Harry exchange looks before looking back at her.

"It's Ron he um... he invited Lavender over."

My heart stopped. Ron had brought his ex over. Whenever Lavender was around in previous years she'd always flirt with him and they'd end up dating after a few weeks. No Hermione it won't happen this time you have to trust Ron. You've known him since you were 11.

"Ok." I sit back on the bed and open my book again. Ginny and Harry looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Ok?" Ginny came and sat next to me. 

"Hermione in case you hadn't realized Lavender is Ron's ex ..." Harry looked at me, waiting for me to say something. I sighed and looked up from my book and at Harry.

"I know that Harry and I trust Ron enough to know he won't cheat on me."

Harry looked at me and nodded with a small smile before leaving. 

"Are you ok 'Mione?" Ginny looked at me with a concerned look on her face.

"I'm fine Ginny. Like I told you it's fine. I can't control who Ron wants to be friends with and if it's his ex then so what. They're just friends." I put on my best smile. She nods before leaving the room. I sigh and put my book down. The truth is Ron probably would cheat on me if he got the chance because I'm too much of an insufferable know- it- all and not nearly half as pretty as most girls who I'm friends with/know.  I feel tears sting my eyes and wipe them away immediately. Maybe I'm just overthinking this I know Ron loves me and I love him.

I go to the bathroom and wipe away the tears and clean myself up. I walk downstairs to see Ron and Lavender laughing on the couch. Harry, Ginny, Fred and George all look at me with a sad smile. 

"Hey." I sit in between Charlie and Harry on the couch.

Lavender shoots me a dirty look which Ginny notices.

"Got something to say Lavender?"

"What makes you think I've got something to say Gin? "

I start to feel uncomfortable and fiddle with my fingers. Then I hear a low raspy voice in my ear. 

"Are you ok?" I turn my head a little bit to see that it was Charlie. I give him a weak smile and nod.

" Geez I don't know. How about the fact that you're glaring at Hermione when she hasn't done anything." I spot Ginny rolling her eyes at Lavender and I try not to laugh.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Me and Hermione are close friends right 'Mione? " She looks at me sweetly expecting me to say yes. Ron is sat next to her looking uncomfortable I realize he also seems nervous about something but I don't know what.

"Honestly Lavender when have we ever been friends at all." I roll my eyes and leave the living room and go upstairs.

I sit on my bed reading when I hear someone come up the stairs and look up to see Charlie.

"Are you ok?" He looks at me.

I sigh.  "I'm fine."

He comes and sits next to me leaving some space between us. 

He speaks again in his low husky voice. 

" Look just know if you ever want to talk you know where I am. Alright?" 

I nod before watching him leave the room.

.......................................................................................................................................................

Charlie P.OV.

I was sitting in the living room when Hermione came down and noticed Ron laughing with the blonde girl. I notice everyone giving Hermione a sad look but I didn't know why. Hermione came over and sat between me and Harry on the couch.

"Hey." Her voice was so sweet and angelic. I wish I could listen to her voice all day and have her look at me the way she looks at Ron.

I noticed the blonde girl give Hermione a dirty look as Hermione sat down.

"Got something to say Lavender?" Ginny glares at her also noticing that she gave Hermione a dirty look.

"What makes you think I've got something to say Gin? " I can see the anger in Ginny's eyes.

I look over to Hermione and realize that she seems uncomfortable. I lean closer to her slowly to try not to draw attention to myself. I whisper in her ear.

"Are you ok?" She looks up at me and weakly smiles and gives me a simple nod.

"Geez I don't know. How about the fact that you're glaring at Hermione when she hasn't done anything." I notice that Ginny rolls her eyes at Lavender and then look to see Hermione trying not to laugh. I feel the urge to laugh at my sister's actions but hold myself back.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Me and Hermione are close friends right 'Mione? " She says her name like it's some sort of poison. 

I notice that everyone in the living room turned their attention to Hermione.  

"Honestly Lavender when have we ever been friends at all."  And with that she was gone.

I go after her. 

"Are you ok?"

She let's out a sigh before responding.

"I'm fine."

I sit next to her on the bed not to close to her to make her feel comfortable. I decide to speak.

" Look just know if you ever want to talk you know where I am. Alright?"

She nods her head and I stand up and leave the room.