The fight

Hermione's P.O.V

I woke up remembering mine and Ron's argument last night.

*Flashback*

"She's just a friend Hermione." Ron looks irritated at this point.

Ginny, Charlie, Harry and the twins are sitting in the kitchen and I'm pretty sure they can hear us arguing.

"You know for some reason I don't believe she's just a friend." I look at him with my arms crossed.

"Whatever at least Lavender understands me where as you clearly don't." 

"What's that supposed to mean?!" 

"Nothing just forget about it." 

He tries to open the door to leave but I push it shut again. " No what did you mean that she understands you which clearly I don't?" 

"She acts more like a friend than you do all you ever do is shut people out all the time." 

"Because it's easier that way. It's easier pushing everyone away so  you don't have to explain yourself or the pain you're going through because some people wouldn't understand."

"Well you're more than welcome to leave because clearly you don't belong in a world full of magic since you're apparently unable to deal with your feelings. You know maybe Malfoy is right muggle- borns shouldn't mix with ..." He cut himself off.

I feel my heart stop.

"You don't mean that." 

"Yes I do." He grabs his coat and leaves the Burrow whilst slamming the door on his way out.

I feel tears begin to form in my eyes. I run up to mine and Ginny's room and grab one of my bags that isn't  unpacked and apparated to a place where no one would find me. Hogwarts by the Black lake. I set up a tent before lying down.  I didn't want them  to pity me and I don't want to go back at least not yet. 

*End of flashback*

I sigh and look at the view in front of me. I drift into a train of thoughts.

Maybe I was too harsh on Ron. I hate fighting with him but with Lavender around it's hard.  You have one happy relationship with your best friend since you were 11 years old and then someone else comes into the picture and messes it up completely. 

I sigh before opening my book and reading to take my mind off of everything.

Ginny P.O.V

Me, Fred, George, Harry and Charlie are looking for Hermione we haven't seen or heard from her since her fight with Ron last night.

*flashback*

I was sitting in the kitchen with Harry, Fred, George and Charlie before I hear arguing coming from the living room.

"She's just a friend Hermione." Ron sounds irritated. 

I look at the others around the table and whisper.

"What happened between them?" The twins and Charlie shrug.

"Lavender happened." Harry said in a low voice

I look at him with a confused look. I look over to see Charlie looking angry but is trying to hide it.

" What did she do?" I try to keep my voice low so that they don't hear us.

" Well Ron told me he has started catching feelings for Lavender and that apparently he had made a mistake which he doesn't want Hermione knowing about but wouldn't tell me what he'd done. He just kept saying 'it was a mistake' and 'I shouldn't have done it' over and over again."

I open my mouth to say something when I hear a door slam. We all look at each other before jumping out of our seats and going towards my room because that was where Hermione was likely to be. When we reach the top of the stairs we hear a crack.

"We should give them space to think." Harry says looking at the floor.

We all nod and go back downstairs. 

*End of flashback*

"Where would Hermione go?"

I sigh feeling defeated when I hear the front door open. I immediately think it's Hermione and run into the living room to find Lavender and Ron. They don't notice us and kiss each other. 

"How long do we have to sneak around and hide our relationship. Why don't you just break up with the mudblood?"

I feel anger rise within me.

"Ron how could you cheat on Hermione especially with HER?!"

He turns around startled. 

"Ginny. I-I can explain."

"Explain what Ron how you've been lying to Hermione."

I hear Charlie speak. 

"How long?"

"What?"

"Don't play stupid Ron. How long has this been going on for?"

"6 months." He mumbles 

"WHAT?! 6 Months are you kidding me?!" I yell at him

"So this is what you meant when you said you had made a mistake." 

Before Ron could answer I speak.

"You have to tell her because if you don't I will." and with that I left.