Nightmares

Hermione P.O.V

I put a silencing charm around my bed and managed to sleep for about half an hour. I woke up and was gasping for air while tears were rolling down my face. 

"It was just a dream." 

I looked at my watch and  it was around 11pm. I silently get out of my bed and grab my book before heading downstairs. I sit on the couch by the fire and start reading. I was reading a muggle book called Romeo and Juliet. It's about two lovers who can't be together because they're supposed to be enemies. They do actually fall in love and keep it a secret from their friends and family. I hear footsteps coming and turn around to see Charlie shirtless coming down the stairs.

"Hey what are you doing up?" I ask trying not to look at how toned his body is.

"Couldn't sleep. You?" 

"Same."

He sits down next to me. I inhale his scent which makes my breath hitch for a moment.

"What are you reading?" 

"It's a muggle book called Romeo and Juliet."

"What's it about."  He looks at me excitedly and moves slightly closer.

"Two enemies who turn out to be lovers and eventually die cause they thought the other was dead."

"Will you read it to me?"  He smiles at me sweetly.

"Sure." I can't help but smile.

A few minutes later I hear light snoring next to me. I turn to look at Charlie to see him sound asleep. I go upstairs and grab a blanket and put it over him.

"Goodnight Charlie." I turn and go upstairs only to lie awake for the rest of the night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie P.O.V 

I woke up to an unfamiliar place and then I realize I'm on the couch in the living room. I open my eyes to see Ron and Ginny arguing. I groan and sit up on the couch.

"It's too early for you two to be arguing."

They both stop arguing and looking at me.

"Did you sleep on the couch?" Ginny looks at me with a curious look.

"Yes but what I want to know is why you two were arguing?" 

"Two words. Lavender. Brown." Ginny crosses her arms and looks at Ron.

Just then Hermione comes downstairs. We all look at her.

"What's going on?" She says noticing the tension in the room.

"Hermione we need to talk." Ron says in a barely audible voice.

"Ok." Hermione and Ron leave the living room and go outside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione P.O.V

I feel the sun shining on my face and realize it's morning. I pull the covers off my body and climb out of bed. 

When I am coming down the stairs I hear people talking.

"Yes but what I want to know is why you two were arguing?" 

"Two words. Lavender. Brown." Ginny crosses her arms and looks at Ron.

When Ginny spots me she immediately sends me an apologetic smile. I can feel the high tension in the room.

"What's going on?" 

"Hermione we need to talk." Ron looks at me with a serious look on his face.

"Ok." Me and Ron walk out of the living room and into the garden. We sit down next to the tree. We sit in an awkward silence.

"So..." I say trying to break the silence.

"Hermione I think we should break up."

I feel my heart sink.

"B-break up why?"

"Well I don't love you anymore and the truth is the past few months I have been cheating on you."

I feel my heart break all over again. He was admitting it to me even though I had heard him telling the others a day or so ago.

"Let me guess. You cheated on me with Lavender?"

He stays silent.

"I knew it." 

"Hermione I'm sorry I meant to tell you but I just couldn't bring myself to do it that is until now."

"Stop I don't want to hear it." Tears are streaming down my face.

"Mione..."

"Only my friends call me 'Mione and you are most definitely not my friend. Not after you went behind my back when you knew I loved you and yet you still cheated. You cheated on me with her. "

He stays silent.

"Do you have nothing to say?"

He stays  silent and looks down. I feel more tears run down my cheeks.

"Nothing?"

"I'm sorry." he whispers.

"Shame on me for having a human heart."

I shake my head and apparate out.