The truth

Charlie P.O.V. 

We were all sat in the living room in an awkward silence. When Ginny left we all looked at Ron and Lavender.

"So..." Harry looks at Ron unsure how to approach the awkward subject. 

"I'll tell you all what you want to know as long as you promise not to tell Hermione."

"Ron..." Ron cut Harry off 

"I'll tell her the truth just in my own time."

We all looked at each other and then hesitantly said ok.

Ron started talking again.

"When 'Mione and I started dating everything was fine up until the point when Lavender came into the mix. You see me and 'Mione have been dating for the past few months and then we got into an argument which led me to  cheat on her with Lavender. At the time I regretted it but now I realize I didn't love Hermione like that anymore. Ever since then I have tried to tell her but I just feel guilty and then forget about it and now you all know."

We all sat there in a very long silence and looked at the floor but little did we know the brunette that was stood behind Ron with tears streaming down her cheeks.

We all hear a crack when suddenly Ginny comes running downstairs in panic. 

"Gin what's up?" I ask her. The entire group looked at her waiting for her response.

"I think Hermione heard you guys talking because she apparated back and came straight to our room to get something. She looked awful. She had bags under her eyes, her skin was really pale and her eyes were bloodshot. Anyway when she grabbed her things she went downstairs and I followed her and we heard you guys talking and then she ran off and apparated ..."

We all look at her in shock and worry. 

"S-she heard everything?" the color on Ron's face had gone and a guilty expression was on his face.

--------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione P.O.V

I woke up to a sharp pain in my head. I groaned and sat up pulling my bag onto my lap rummaging through it trying to find my potions.

"Crap." 

 I was in such a rush I didn't realize that I had left them. I grab my wand not bothering to get changed and apparate to the Burrow. 

I walk into mine and Ginny's room hoping not to bump into anyone. I spot Ginny sat on her bed writing something. When she hears footsteps she looks up and sees me rummaging  through my stuff.

"What are you looking for?" 

"Just some things."

"'Mione you know you can stay here. You don't have to talk to Ron but at least let us all know that you're safe."

I sigh

"I'm sorry Gin I just need time. I promise I'll come back when I'm ready." 

Ginny sighed and I left the room heading to the living room. I heard voices and immediately recognized Ron's voice talking. 

"When 'Mione and I started dating everything was fine up until the point when Lavender came into the mix. You see me and 'Mione have been dating for the past few months and then we got into an argument which led me getting drunk and cheating on her with Lavender. At the time I regretted it but now I realize I didn't love Hermione like that anymore. Ever since then I have tried to tell her but I just feel guilty and then forget about it and now you all know."

 I feel tears begin to sting my eyes. I hear footsteps and immediately know it's Ginny. But before she can say or do anything I apparated away. 

Ron had cheated on me.

He had cheated on me with the one person that made me feel insecure and ugly.

He cheated and has been for the past few months. 

I didn't know what to feel. I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks but the truth was I felt physically and emotionally numb.