When will a moment last?

Hermione P.O.V 

I woke up in strong arms and rolled over to see Charlie sleeping peacefully. I lay there studying his features which looked peaceful. I smile to myself and try to get up but I feel Charlie pulling me back to the bed and before I know it I'm back in his warm embrace.

I turn to face him to see him looking at me half asleep.

"Hey."  he says in a raspy morning voice. Our noses are touching and our eyes meet. He smiles.

"Hi." I smile back at him.

"What time is it?" he looks at me before looking around the room for a clock.

"6:00 am."

"Why are you up so early?" he puts his hand just above my waist not wanting to make me uncomfortable.

"I don't know." I put my hands on his chest and rest my head so that I can hear his heartbeat.  The sound makes me relax. I turn my attention to him and lean my forehead on his. He connects our lips. I respond to the kiss with just as much passion and I feel sparks travelling all through my body. He pulls away.

"I could get used to this." he smiles.

"Used to what?" I ask turning to meet his hazel eyes.

"Waking up next to you and not having to worry about the Voldemort or death eaters. It's just us.  No worrying about who or what will come in the way. "

"I wish I could just freeze a moment like this and keep it forever. No one would die and everything would be perfect." I look up at the ceiling and sigh. "But it can't be that way."

I turn and meet hazel eyes staring at me. Charlie puts a hand on my face and rubs his thumb against my cheek soothingly. His warm hand against my cheek allows me to melt.

"At least we can cherish the moments we have with friends and family now." He smiles before leaning in and kissing me gently. I respond to the kiss not wanting it to end. I pull away and sigh.

"You're right." I kiss him again and he kisses me back and puts his hand on my cheek. I melt at his touch. We both pull away gasping for air before smiling at each other. He reaches for my hand and when our hands touch I feel sparks fly between us. We interlock our fingers together. He brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it softly.

"Goodnight Mia." he gives me a kiss on the forehead and drifts back into sleep.

"Goodnight Char." I smile to myself and before I knew it we were both fast asleep in each others embrace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie P.O.V

I felt something next to me move and open my eyes to see Hermione try to leave. Before she manages to make her way to the door I grab her wrist gently. She lays down beside me again and I wrap my arms around her. I inhale her scent of strawberry shampoo.

She turns to face me with a small smile playing on her lips. 

"Hey."  I say tiredly. Our noses are touching and our eyes meet.

"Hi." she smiles back at me.

"What time is it?" I ask and looks at her before  looking around the room for a clock.

"6:00 am."

"Why are you up so early?" I put my hand just above my waist not wanting to make her uncomfortable.

"I don't know." she puts her hands on my chest and rests her head so that she can hear my heartbeat. She sighs which makes me relax. I gaze at her and she turns her attention to me and I lean my forehead on hers. I connect our lips. She responds to the kiss with just as much passion and I feel sparks travelling all through my body. I feel my whole body go weak. I pull away.

"I could get used to this." I smile. 

"Used to what?" she asks turning causing my eyes to meet her warm chocolate brown eyes.

"Waking up next to you and not having to worry about the Voldemort or death eaters. It's just us. No worrying about who or what will come in the way. "

"I wish I could just freeze a moment like this and keep it forever. No one would die and everything would be perfect." she looks up at the ceiling and sighs. "But it can't be that way."

She turns and meets my gaze. I put a hand on her face and rub my thumb against her cheek soothingly. Her skin felt so smooth and looked so perfect.

"At least we can cherish the moments we have with friends and family now." I smile before leaning in and kissing her gently. She responds to the kiss. She pulls away and sighs.

"You're right."  She kisses me again and I kiss her back and put my hand on her cheek. She melts at the touch. We both pull away gasping for air before smiling at each other. I reach for her hand and when our hands touch I feel sparks fly between us. We interlock our fingers together. I bring her hand up to his lips and kiss it softly.

"Goodnight Mia." I give her a kiss on the forehead and close my eyes to go back to sleep.

"Goodnight Char." She smiles to herself and before I knew it we were both fast asleep in each others embrace.