1.03

~*~

~*~

the next day, redwing confirmed where the flag smashers were so jaclyn and sam headed to a base with torres to get a flight to where they were staying.

sam paused for a moment as they walked past a poster with a picture of the 'new captain america', letting out a small sigh. jaclyn tried to ignore the poster and continued towards the steps as torres walked up to them.

"he seems like a good guy." he states, looking between the two. "you met him?"

"no." sam says shortly, turning away from the poster. "thanks for doing this on such short notice." he adds.

"yeah, no sweat. i'm just finishing up the checklist." torres tells them. "you'll be all good to go once you land in munich." he explains as they head down the steps.

jaclyn heard sam let out a sigh and she quickly looked down to see a very pissed off looking bucky stomping towards them.

"you shouldn't have given up the shield." bucky says loudly. jaclyn tightened her grip on her bag and clenched her jaw, already annoyed by the man.

jaclyn and bucky never really got along. when she fought with cap and his team in germany, she didn't even know what they were fighting for. she just knew she was angry at tony for locking her and wanda up. when she found out the truth about what bucky had done to tony's parents, she couldn't get past it. she still can't.

"good to see you too, buck." sam replies sarcastically. jaclyn rolled her eyes and ignored the two boys as bucky started walking with them.

"this is wrong." he tells sam, also ignoring jaclyn. he knew she didn't like him and he didnt really care. as far as jaclyn knew, he hated her right back.

"hey, hey, look, we're working, all right?" sam says sharply. "so all this outrage is gonna have to wait."

"you didn't know that was gonna happen?" bucky asks, making jaclyn roll her eyes.

"of course he didn't know that was gonna happen, idiot." jaclyn says, shaking her head as she continued to stare forward, refusing to even look at bucky.

"you think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there and call him the new captain america?" sam turns to him as bucky let out a sigh of annoyance.

"this isn't what steve wanted." bucky shakes his head.

"oh my god. so what do you want me to do? call america and tell 'em i changed my mind, huh?" sam retorts and bucky stared at him in annoyance. sam let out a small laugh and patted him on the back. "yeah, right. it's a great reunion buddy, be well."

"you had no right to give up the shield, sam." bucky tells him, making sam stop in his tracks and turn to face him.

"hey, this is what you're not gonna do. you're not gonna come here in your overextended life and tell me about my rights." he snaps and jaclyn paused beside him, finally looking at bucky. he rolled his eyes slightly at the anger clear on her face just from meeting his eyes. "it's over, bucky." sam adds, drawing their attentions away from each other.