1.10

~*~

~*~

as the three searched the street for zemo, sam's phone buzzed in his pocket and he quickly answered the call, his face turning to slight anger.

"she said what?" he asks quickly. "all right. hold on, hold on. i know, i know." he nods as jaclyn looked to him, trying to figure out what was going on. "listen, pack an overnight bag and take the boys."

"what happened?" bucky questions.

"karli called sarah. she threatened my nephews." sam explains, and jaclyn instantly felt anger growing inside her. he lifted the phone back to ear to talk to sarah again. "okay, go somewhere safe. only pay cash, all right? let me know when you get there." he instructs. "i know, look, i love you. i'll never let anything happen to you and the boys, you know that." he nods slightly. "okay, bye." he hung up the phone and paused walking, quickly typing something on his phone. "karli wants to meet. she left a contact number." his phone chimed and he looked at it. "she said come alone."

"i'm coming with you." bucky says quickly.

"me too." jaclyn nods.

"no you're not." bucky tells her sharply, making her roll her eyes.

"how many times are you going to bench me on this mission?" she asks, her frustration growing. "you need me, i can help."

"or you'll get yourself killed." bucky shakes his head at her as the group continued down the street.

"again, i'm not a child." she reminds him, and sam shakes his head too.

"but karli is, and she's willing to kill whoever she needs to, to get what she wants." sam says. "it's not safe."

"i have powers, i can fight!" jaclyn says, her voice rising along with her temper. both boys stayed silent as they walked back into zemo's place where all their stuff still was. "i'm not just going to stay here!"

the boys continued to ignore her as they got their stuff ready and changed into their gear. jaclyn let out a sigh of frustration and threw a blast of energy between their heads, smashing it into the wall across from her. they quickly spun to look at her, their eyes wide.

"stop ignoring me!" she tells them, her voice harsh. her hands were still glowing purple and she was glaring at them. the boys quickly looked to each other, before turning back to her.

"if you can't even control your powers around us, how are you gonna control them around karli?" sam asks her, glancing to her hands then to the cracked wall across the room.

"i can control my powers." she responds quickly. "if i couldn't, that would have hit you." she states, and bucky walked up to her, grabbing her wrist with his metal arm. she held her hand out threateningly, not breaking her glare at him.

"stay here, jac." he instructs seriously, glaring at her as well. she gritted her teeth and looked to sam, who was looking at the two with a mix of shock and confusion.