1.14

~*~

~*~

"well that's one down." sharon says over the comms, having somehow stopped the man in a matter of minutes.

"how'd you manage that?" sam asks her, still inside the building.

"mercury vapour, amongst other things." she explains briefly, walking quickly through the building and back outside. "you better speed things up, sam. the chopper's about to take off."

"bucky?" sam asks quickly, grunting occasionally from the fight.

"i don't fly, man. that's your thing." he states, speeding around a corner on the motorcycle.

"jaclyn?" he asks, the annoyance in his voice growing.

"you know i can't fight in the air yet." she says quickly, holding on to bucky as tight as she could to avoid falling off the bike.

"yes, you can." bucky tells her quickly. "use the rings, and focus." he instructs, and jaclyn looked at him in confusion. he looked back at her for a moment, a serious look on his face. "go!"

she hesitated for a moment, a concerned look in her eyes but nodded slightly.

"don't die." she tells him quickly, slowly pulling her hands back from around his torso.

"don't tell me what to do." he responds, a small grin on his face.

jaclyn felt herself smile slightly as she lifted herself off of the bike with her powers and flew up towards the helicopter. she spotted sam coming towards it from the building and flew closer to him, thinking about how she had trained and using more of the energy around her along with the energy inside her.

"i got a plan jaclyn, you just gotta focus." sam tells her quickly. "redwing, see if anyone in there has flight training."

redwing took off, speeding towards the chopper and jaclyn moved closer to sam. the pilot started firing at redwing and jaclyn moved back quickly, almost getting hit.

an NYPD helicopter swung into view and the one with hostages aimed straight for it, knocking into the blades and making it begin to fall towards the water. jaclyn wanted to help, but she didn't know what to do. with everything going on she was barely able to focus enough to keep herself up this long.

redwing pulled one of the pilots from the helicopter as sam grabbed the other, lowering him down onto the street. the aircraft came speeding down towards the two, and sam extended his wings around him and the pilot just before the helicopter crashed into them. jaclyn tried to slow the chopper by wrapping it in energy, making her lose focus and begin falling down towards the water. she let out a short scream, bracing herself before she fell too far.

"jac?" bucky asks quickly, concern in his voice from hearing the scream.

"i'm okay, i'm okay." she assures him, lifting herself back up in time to see the broken helicopter fall into the water as sam stood up again, the people around him on the street cheering.