1.05

~*~

~*~

sam and jaclyn were waiting in the lobby of the police station, waiting for bucky to be released, both sitting in an anxious silence.

"sam, jaclyn, i've heard a lot about you two. I'm doctor raynor." a lady approaches them and introduces herself. "i'm james's therapist."

"so nice to meet you." sam stands up to shake her hand, jaclyn still sitting behind him anxiously tapping her foot, wondering how she'd heard about her. she didn't think she was someone bucky would talk about to his therapist.

so many thoughts were running through her head, she couldn't get any of it straight. it felt like her emotions were bursting out of her and she had to focus on not letting it get out, especially in a place like this.

"thank you for getting him out." sam says.

"that was not me." she tells him quickly.

"christina!" upon hearing the increasingly annoying voice, jaclyn looked up and tightly held her hands together, gritting her teeth slightly. "it's great to see you again."

"you gotta be kidding me, you know him?" sam asks her and jaclyn stood up behind him.

"yeah, we did some field ops back in the day." she nods.

"i heard you were working with bucky so i thought i'd step in. bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule any longer." john explains, a small smirk on his face.

"we haven't finished our work." dr. raynor says quickly. "who authorized this?"

john's smirk grew at he pointed to himself, a smug look coming across his face and jaclyn exhaled sharply. sam looked at her carefully, noticing her becoming more on edge by the second.

a door buzzed behind them and bucky came out, along with two policemen escorting him down the hall.

"he's too valuable of an assent to have tied up." john states. "so just do whatever you gotta do with him and then send him off to me. got some unfinished business, him and I. you two, as well." he turns to sam and jaclyn. "i'll be outside." he says, spinning to walk out of the building.

"james, condition of your release, session now." she tells him. "you too, sam and jaclyn."

"that's okay, we'll be out here with-"

"that wasn't a request." the doctor cuts sam off.

jaclyn glanced to sam, ringing her hands repeatedly as she followed him through the doors and down the hall. when they reached the room, there were only two chairs, sam and bucky each sat down while jaclyn leaned on the wall behind them and crossed her arms. dr. raynor glanced at her, but let it go and pulled out her notebook, slamming it on the table.

"so, who would like to start?" she asks, looking between the three.

"all right, look. dr raynor?" he clarifies her name and she nods. "i get it, why you want us to talk to, freaky magoo over here. but i'm one hundred percent fine."