Day Of The Great Devourer 13

She felt then someone yank her back and under an archway.

"Sensei," Kai said

"No." Jay gasped

The snake roared and then zeroed in on the ninja.

"Oh, maybe if we stand, perfectly still..." Jay said but the Kai shouted, "run!"

Tears poured from Misty's face she was in shock and she felt some scope her up in their arms, and rush away, with the snake following them as they ran toward the Bounty. "It's going to be okay Misty," Cole murmured softly to the girl in his arms.

Kai was first as he dove through the door, Misty felt herself crash to the ground as the person who had grabbed her dove into the Bounty, and was soon followed by Zane and Jay followed and tumbled in and looked at the screen which had a giant snake on it and said, "Uh, hate to tell you this, objects in the mirror are closer than they appear!"

"Working on it. Blasters on full!" Nya shouted and the ship shot away,

"Kai cheered and said, "Take that you stupid snake!"

But then the Devourer burst from the ground in front of the ship roaring.

"I think it heard you!" Jay said

The snake barely missed the ship and when it did it slither after them.

Voices sound far away to Misty and everything around her was a blur as she sat on the ground, the image of Wu disappearing once the snake had pulled up from the ground haunted her mind.

She felt someone shake her shoulder and say. "Misty! Misty! Listen I know you're in shock but please we need you present now!" Cole then bent down till he was at eye level with her and shouted, "Mitsu! He's gone but we're here and we need you aware of what's going on!"

At the sound of her actual name one that she had told the ninja never to call her, Misty snapped back, just in time to hear, Zane said, "Probability of us making it that far, is less than eight percent."

"NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!" Nya shouted

Cole had run over and was with Lloyd and shouted, "It's coming in for another attack! Portside!"

Nya managed to dodge the snake and Misty got to her feet as Lloyd shouted, "We're losing speed. We'll drop to the ground pretty soon."

"Throw everything overboard!" Nya shouted

"What?" All of the ninjas shouted

"We need to lose some weight!" Nya said

"PORT SIDE!" This time the snake took out part of the blaster of the ship.

The ninja did as they were told and dumped everything overboard, and the snake ate it up.

"Does anyone else think the Devourer looks bigger than it did before?" Jay said

"The more it consumes the bigger it gets," Cole said and then shouted

"Don't throw anything else overboard!"

But Kai had just thrown a teapot."

"Phew, we made it to scattered Canyon. Hold on!" Nya shouted

For a brief moment it seemed like they had lost the snake but all of a sudden it launched itself through the air and its tail damaged the ship, Alarms wailed and Nya shouted, "ABANDON SHIP!"

The ship hurtled toward the ground and Cole rushed to Misty and grabbed her hand, transformed the scythe, and fled using the car like the others Nya carried Lloyd out.

And the team stopped and watched as their home crashed into the ground.

Silence followed but it didn't last long as the Devourer burst from the ground and roared.

The Ninja drove to a small cave and got rid of the vehicles and ran inside to seek shelter they turned back just in time to see the Devourer toss the ship up and catch it in its mouth and then it snapped the ship in two.

"No!" They shouted

then the Devourer disappeared underground.

"It's gone," Cole said in disbelief

Zane and Kai were leaning against a sand dune and Kai said, "That was too intense. All that action, makes you so thirsty." and he pulled off his hood.

"There's no time to rest need to warn people before it becomes bigger," Zane said and stood up

"Bigger? Bigger?!" Jay shouted and jumped to his feet and yanked his hood off and shouted, "That thing in one big bite crushed our entire ship!"

Then Jay started ranting to himself, "We need to save as many as we can, we'll find some kind of refuge, somewhere safe to hide. Ooh, the Serpentine Tombs! Yeah, they're underground. sure we'll be without sunlight for months but they're perfect!"

"And what just give up?" Cole shouted

"You know as well as I do, we have no chance, at stopping that thing!" Jay shouted

"Hey, stop it! Listen to yourselves!" Kai shouted and he pushed in-between Cole and Jay and added, "Is this what Sensei Wu would've wanted? us fighting? Running and hiding? Giving up?"

"But he's not here anymore," Lloyd said and he took off his hood too Zane tried to comfort him.

"But his teaching lives on. Sensei once told me it's not the size of a ninja in a fight, but the size of the fight in the ninja! all this training all these battles, we've had with skeletons and the Serpentine. We've persevered through so much, we can't just give up now! A Ninja never admits defeat. A Ninja always picks himself up when he is down. Which is exactly what Sensei Wu would want us to do right now!" Kai said

"He's right..." A voice said

They turned to see Misty get to her feet shakily her voice was even shaking as well but there was a fire in her eyes. and she said, "Kai is right, I've heard enough of Sensei's teaching to know that we can't give up! People are counting on us! We need to fight!"

"But how do we destroy a snake of that magnitude?" Zane asked

"yeah, it's not like we have an extra Sacred Flute lying around to charm it. Or wait heh. How about one of our awesome dragons? Oh, I forgot they took off and left us high and dry, or hey what about our golden weapons? Which will do nothing against a snake that size!" Jay ranted and then sighed and said, "Oh we are soo hooped!"

"Ah, Jay's right. We would need a weapon iso big." Cole said

"Or an idea that's even bigger." Kai said and then added "Ha! Jay, you're a genius! You thinking what I'm thinking?"

Jay was laying on the ground on his side and said, "Probably not, but go ahead."

Kai was already backing away from the cave and said, "There's no time, I'll fill you guys in on the way!" and he ran,

"Wha--? Where are you going?" Jay said

"We're going to destroy that snake once and for all," Kai said

"Let's go then," Misty said there was determination in her eyes.