Episode 19: Awakening

Kirito and Asuna stood in front of everyone and they were all happy that the star couple was back, Asuna was safe and out of the coma that Vassago put her in, and Kirito was back to normal from being in berserk mode for a long period of time. "Kirito, Asuna," Lina said as she cried seeing her page be reunited with the woman he loved, "They are finally back together again." Said Ronye, "Welcome Back Mommy and Daddy," Yui said as she looked at her parents with tears running down her face, Kirito and Asuna smiled at her before they faced the front where Vassago was standing. "Are you ready for this my love? I know you just woke up." Kirito whispered to her, "Yes I will be fine let's end this together like we wanted to back in Aincrad." She replied, then a massive attack of black and purple energy arose from Vassaog's chopper and charged at the couple.

It hit them but it did not cause too much damage to either of them, but it did cause the Night Sky Blade and Asuna's Rapier to be set flying off of their belts and the cases followed. "So I see that the two of you are back in action are you now? It's about darn time I get to fight the both of you." Said Vassago,he then lifted the Mate Chopper into the air and absorbed more of the sacred power that was in the air. but Kirito and Asuna were not going to allow this idiot to prevent them from fighting with all they had.

Kirito and Asuna walked closer to the Laughing Coffin leader, Asuna extended her left hand calling her rapier to come to her via incarnation. Kirito removed the Blue Rose Sword from his belt then he drew the blade and placed the case down on the ground, he held the sword in his left hand. Then he extended his right hand and called for the Night Sky Blade to come to him via incarnation as well.

"We didn't get to finish things back in Aincrad, but now that can be checked off and I'll get to see the real power of the strongest players on the Assault Team." Vassago said and even though his face was creeping some people out, he showed Kirito and Asuna that he was ready for battle. "It's Showtime!" He cried once he raised his head and everyone on the battlefield knew that things were about to go down.

Vassago charged at Kirito and Asuna, and he attacked them but with their awesome teamwork those two powerhouses were able to block his attack by crossing their blades, it was a similar technique that they used back in Aincrad in that dungeon when they were helping Yuliar find Thinker and when Yui saved them from a monster. Kirito crossed the Night Sky Blade and Blue Rose Sword while Asuna crossed her rapier over them. But that was not all that Vassago had in store for them, he crossed swords with them a couple of times and he even switched who he attacked.

He would go from Kirito to Asuna then vice versa, and since Asuna just woke up from being in a coma, she was still a little weak so Vassago always went for when he could of course. The two of them did some tricks to try and confuse Vassago but it wouldn't work since he probably knew where they both were, during one of the attacks he did on Asuna it looked like she was about to lose her footing when the attacked classed with her sword and since Vassago was putting a lot of pressure on his sword it was a little harder for Asuna to counter attack but that won't hold her back. "Is that all you got Lightning Flash? This is a fight you know so get the lead out!" Vassago cried, "Hey, jerk you know she just woke up from a coma you idiot!" Kirito called as he charged over to help Asuna, 'No dur, I know that I just want her to fight me.' thought Vassago, then he had an idea. 

When Kirito was in range Vassago used his foot to make the Black Swordsman fall on his back, Vassago then saw Asuna coming at him from the corner of his eye and he did the same thing to her. Once the Black Swordsman and Lightning Flash were on their backs, Vassago went to attack but these two were just too fast for him. Since they were back on their feet in no time at all, but still Vassago never gave them a break and he attacked again. Then these two crossed their swords again in order to block his attack, but the force was just too much for them. "Come on you two is that all you got? I've been waiting for this battle for more than 2 years and this is what I get?" Asked Vassago as he used one of his hands to pull Asuna by her arm and yank her to the other side of the battlefield and she landed on her back, "ASUNA!" Cried Kirito, then Vassago grabbed him by his collar and tossed him to where Asuna was, he stopped by sliding and he almost lost his balance. Thankfully he was able to stop with one foot, Kirito then turned to Asuna and helped her up. She was in the same position he was when Vassago attacked once more.