Chapter 7.1

"We are beginning the descent into Tampa, Florida. Please return to your seats and fasten your seat belts. Return your tray tables in the upright and locked position. Weather in Tampa is 87 degrees and cloudy with slight winds from the northwest. Enjoy your stay, and thank you for flying with us." The captain of the plane signed off after the last announcement as they ended their flight.

    "So, are you ready to meet the parents, Ashy-cakes?"

    He scrunched his face in disgust.

    "As long as you don't call me that in front of your parents, yes, I'd say I'm ready."

    "Yeah?" Luke raised an eyebrow at his boyfriend. "You're not nervous at all?"

    Ashton scoffed, pausing packing up the few things he'd taken out of his bag to look at Luke.

    "Parents love me, Munchkin, there's absolutely nothing to be worried about." Luke nodded, shaking his leg slightly as he looked out the window. "Hey," Ashton brought his attention back. "Are you nervous for me to meet your parents?"

    Luke made a face.

    "No, I just wanted to make sure you were going to be okay. It's a big thing, to meet your partners parents, so it would be normal for you to be nervous."

He shook his head.

"Nope, I'm all good here."

"My dad will love you," Luke smiled, thinking about all the times as a kid Luke and his dad talked about what he should look for in a partner. Ashton exhibited all of the qualities they'd listed and then some. He had no worries about his dad. Or his mum. The second she saw him, she would love Ashton almost as much as him.

"I sure hope so, Doll." He hummed before continuing. "You know, two years ago I wouldn't have thought I'd be the 'meet your parents' kind of guy."

Luke chuckled, grabbing onto Ashton's hand as they started the descent.

"Yeah, you've changed a lot since we met," Luke couldn't imagine bringing the cocky asshole back to meet his parents. It probably wouldn't have gone over well, especially considering Luke couldn't stand him when they first met.

"I'm glad you decided to give me a chance, Sweetheart," Ashton rubbed little circles over the back of Luke's palm, attempting to soothe the anxiety he felt about landing.

"Me too. I knew you weren't actually a terrible person though."

Ashton gave him a funny look, asking him to explain that backhanded compliment.

"I just mean, there was always something that drew me to you. Even when you were sort of horrible, ten seconds later you'd be super nice and caring. I knew Conceited Jerk Ashton was just an act pretty quickly."

Ashton raised one eyebrow at hearing his boyfriend's true first opinions of him.

"I wasn't that bad," he tried but Luke cracked up into horribly fake laughter that included him doubling over and slapping his knee with his free hand. Ashton gave him a flat look at his dramatic show.

"You so were, mate. I could not stand being around you at first, but then I took a minute to really look at you and..." he trailed off, not wanting to admit the next part.

"Don't call me mate, and what else were you going to say there, bro?" Ashton teased.

"Nothing, " Luke insisted, a light blush coating his cheeks.

"Mhm, sure," he rolled his eyes. "If it's nothing, just say it then!"

Luke sealed his lips together and shook his head.