Chapter 16

"Nah, mate, I told you, it's crazy," Liam said. "I saw the same guy again, and I swear he bumped into me and spilled his coffee on my shirt on purpose."

"Wait, wait, let me guess," Harry leaned against the bar counter. He was on the outside this time. He had a night off and decided to join Luke, Ashton, and their friends at Ash's bar for the evening. There were hardly any other people inside as the club was closed since it was a Monday night. The bar was open, just not the dancing part. There were only two other people there besides them. "He gave you his sweater or something and slipped his phone number into the pocket and then it was happily ever after," he sang in a high pitched voice. The rest of the guys at the counter burst into laugher. Liam scowled. "Or he ripped his shirt off right there and gave it to you and whisked you off in his arms where he made passionate love to you in his car," Liam shook his head. Harry smirked. "On his car? Damn, didn't know you rolled that way, you dir-"

"Shut up, bitch. I hate you," he grumbled, sitting down in his chair and putting his head in his hands. It did happen, meeting that man, he swore it did. It sounded like a fairytale, but every word was true.

"Whatever man, you know we love you," Harry leaned over Niall and ruffled the brunettes hair, chuckling when he scowled and flicked his hands away.

"So, did you hear about the time when—"

The beginning of Niall's story got cut off when Louis burst into the bar, door slamming as he ran all the way over to the bar and stopped in front of Harry. The curly haired man jumped up, looking at his roommate in concern.

"What's going on, Lou?"

"You don't look good," Ashton commented, walking away from Luke and over to his employee. He held Louis' face in his hands. "You're all pale and sweaty, are you sick?"

Louis shook his head, breathing heavily. Harry gently pushed him over to the seat he'd previously occupied and jumped behind the counter to get a glass of water. Ashton didn't even flinch, just took it from Harry to give to Louis while he walked back around.

"I-I-I..."

"Hey, take your time, yeah?" Harry ran his hands up and down Louis' arms to calm him. He looked really shaken up.

Luke recognized some similar symptoms he felt when he was having a panic attack. Louis' eyes were glassy and unfocused, he was shaking from head to toe, he was pale and sweating, and looked like he was going to pass out. Everyone kept pressing close trying to figure out what was wrong, but Luke figured that was doing more harm than good.

"Hey, how about we all take a step back," Luke voiced, pushing his arms to signal for Niall, Liam, Ashton, and Zayn to give space. He knew Harry would probably help Louis, which was good. The others needed to leave. "Why don't you all find a table to sit at and we'll come over soon."

Luke looked at Ashton when no one responded to his words, and the man got over his shock and led his friends away.

"Okay, Lou? You with me, buddy?" Luke stepped in front of him, trying to make him look at him. "Hey, can you tell me where you are?"

"Bar," he rasped. "Ash's."

"How about tell me 5 things you can see. Take your time, okay? Just 5 things,"

He nodded shakily.

"Lights...Table. Chairs. Glasses. Harry," He struggled to look around, blinking rapidly as he did.

"Great job, buddy. 4 things you can touch?"

He inhaled sharply a couple times before continuing.