Chapter 15

"But what about Harry and Louis?"

"Cupcake, they're going to be fine. We've left them alone for longer, and they're not babies."

Luke scowled at his boyfriend as he set his suitcase down to lock the door.

"I know that, Sasshton," Ashton stuck his tongue out as he grabbed the bag and led Luke down the steps and into his car. "But that was for an emergency, not because you decided this morning we were going to take off for a few days," Ashton shut the passenger door once Luke had reluctantly sat in the car and ran around to his side, getting in the driver's seat. "Are you sure we can do this? We're both owners of a bar, we can't just run off whenever we feel like, it's not responsible."

Ashton shook his head.

"It'll work out Luke, all right? Don't worry your pretty little head." Luke scrunched his nose when Ashton booped him.

Luke was silent as Ashton got onto the road. He'd dismissed his driver for the weekend since just the two of them were going away and they didn't need someone to take them.

"You talked to them already, didn't you?" Luke asked. He'd been sitting with his arms crossed, staring out at the rising sun. Ashton had woken him at about 6 am and told him to get ready to leave. He'd said he woke up and decided the two of them needed to get away for a bit. Luke was reluctant to leave because of their responsibilities but when he'd thought about it, he knew Ashton wouldn't just up and leave without making arrangements. "You planned this out but told me it was spur of the moment."

     Ashton tried to keep a straight face as he glanced over at the boy in the passenger seat. Moments later though his face broke out into a smile.

"Okay, yes, I did plan it." Luke tsked and rolled his eyes. "I just thought you deserved some time to relax after everything that happened so I asked the boys the other night if they'd be okay if we took a long weekend off. Harry said he's been asking you to take a break since before I met you." Luke chuckled. It was true.

"And of course they agreed?"

"Instantly. Without even a second's hesitation, they told me to go. Actually, they told me to leave on Wednesday when I brought it up," Ashton chuckled.

Luke sighed.

"We just took a break," Luke tried. "We went to Florida."

"For a funeral, Love. That's not the kind of break you need and you know it. This will be 100% the two of us, 100% fun and free. We don't have to carry any burdens or worry about anything for four entire days."

Luke was slowly growing more comfortable with the idea. Now that he knew it wasn't going to cause problems with their staff, that was one issue solved.

The other issue was he was still feeling a bit off. He still felt like something was going to go wrong. Ashton had told him to try working it out in his mind like Caity told him, but even all the logic in the world couldn't fight the feeling gnawing at his insides.

"Well,"

"Oh come on, Sunshine. Please try and make the most of it? We have a couple of days, let's just let loose," he shimmied his shoulders, doing a little dance as well as he was able to do in the car. Luke bit his lip to stop the smile growing on his face. Ashton saw it. "Aw, come on, Lu Lu, please? Come on," he begged, cheering when Luke nodded. "You won't regret it, boo. This is going to be the best vacation of our lives!"

"All right, Ash. I'm willing to try,"

"That's all I wanna hear, Sweetheart." Ashton tossed his phone at Luke. "Play my vacation playlist,"