Chapter 18

Ashton left the restaurant he'd eaten dinner at the night before with a frown. He thought he left his cellphone there, but when he asked the host, no one had found anything. He checked around the table they'd been at, but the servers had cleaned everything up from the table before seating new people and they hadn't seen anything. He'd also called the taxi service, but he knew he didn't have it at that point because it had already died.

    He made his way back to Luke's bar to see his boyfriend. It was so inconvenient not having his phone, because then he could have just called and told him he was running to another store. But Ashton had promised he wouldn't take too long, and he didn't want to worry him unnecessarily.

    On the way in, he passed by Saul and Martin, the guys he'd assigned to watch over Luke. Saul stayed outside the bar with the security Ashton had made him upgrade and Martin was pretending to be a customer. He just casually happened to be around whenever Luke was at the bar. Luke didn't know about the second guy. Martin was good at what he did. They nodded at each other before Ashton set about finding his blonde baby.

    "No, it was meant to arrive two days ago, sir," Ashton could hear a frustrated voice through the crack in the office door. He was about to enter when he heard Luke speaking to someone on the phone. It must have been on speaker because Ashton heard the mans reply.

    "I dunno, man, on mah sheet it says 3 crates a oranges and cherries tah be delivered on da 6th," Ashton couldn't place the man's accent, but it was interesting.

    "I don't know how that could have happened, we always get our shipment on the 2nd. And it's supposed to be 2 cherries and 3 oranges, as well as the lemons and limes," Even though he was frustrated, Ashton was impressed by how calm and kind Luke was being to the guy.

    He made his presence known, knocking lightly on the door frame and sticking his head inside.

    Luke looked up, waving quickly before picking the phone up and turning speaker off.

"Did you get it?" he whispered.

Ashton shook his head.

    "Didn't have it."

    Luke nodded, opening his mouth to say something, but the guy on the other end must have spoken because he held up one finger and turned away so he could keep talking to the shipper.

    Ashton left the office, leaving Luke to deal with that. He found Harry at the bar and sat down.

    "Want anything?" He asked, wiping the inside of some of the glasses he'd removed from the sanitizing washer.

    "Nah, it's a bit too early," Ashton chuckled, looking at his watch that read it was only 3 something.

    Harry shrugged.

    "Your call. So did you find your phone?"

    "Nope. Nothing. I think I'll just go get a new one," he sighed. It's not like he couldn't afford it, but it was just really annoying.

    "Did you have 'find my phone' off or something? Can't Luke track it?" Harry suggested.

    "It was dead. That doesn't work unless the phone is on. I thought it was charging before I went to dinner, but the switch that activates the outlet was off," he rolled his eyes. It was so annoying. Nothing was going right for him.

    "Hey, Ash!" he heard from across the room. Liam stood up from the table he was sitting at, grinning as he made his way over. "What's going on?"

    "Nothing, mate. Just dealing with my missing phone,"

    "Oh shit," Liam frowned. "That sucks," he shook his head. "What are you gonna do?"