Irresistible - Bdoc (getting together)

1464 words. Beetho is a side ship here. Might be a little bit ooc. Set whenever in s7, but after Bdubs has moved out and has a few of his houses built.

"Why does he always have to sit around being so damn hot? He's always so smug, sometimes I could swear that he knows, except for the fact he's so oblivious. 'Oh look, I'm Doc, I'll just be irresistible all in Bdubs's face while he is trying to work! Oh, and maybe while I'm at it I'll also be a genius because obviously that won't make me any more frustratingly attractive than I already am!' That stupid goat man." Bdubs huffed, finishing his little rant about his annoying crush.

Beef and Etho were listening sympathetically, and he was sure they were bored of hearing him constantly go on about Doc like a teenage girl goes on about some crush she's hopelessly in love with. But he needed someone to rant to.

"You really should tell him how you feel." Etho said, even though he'd said it a hundred times before.

"That's easy for you, an onlooker, to say." Bdubs said, slightly annoyed, though not at Etho. There was a moment of silence. "What if it ruins our friendship? I'd rather have what we already have than ruin it all."

"He wouldn't hate you, you know," Beef said, "and honestly I'm convinced he feels the same."

"I don't think he does." Bdubs said. Why would he?

"I wouldn't lose hope that easily," Etho encouraged, "you know he's the kind of person who would never show those kinds of feelings if he had them."

"I guess." Bdubs sighed, collapsing into the seat opposite the couple in the little cubbyhole in Etho's base.

"So... you gonna tell him?" The ninja asked.

"Of course not." Bdubs replied. He never would, Doc wouldn't feel the same and it would only ruin things. If only the stupid feelings could just go away.

He could always put together a potion, one that would stop his emotions, but a part of him didn't want to. He wanted to like Doc, even if it would always be one sided. He glanced outside (which was in most directions) and saw the position of the sun.

"I should get going, I need to sleep soon."

"Bye." Beef and Etho said in unison. Beef's arm was around Etho lovingly, and as Bdubs left he couldn't help but feel a tang of jealousy at the couple's happiness. He wished he and Doc could be like that, wished that they could spend their evenings together chilling and being close and holding each other and kissing and... doing stuff. But it was not to be.

***

"Hey guys." Doc greeted as he landed in Etho's base early the next morning (it was 11:00, but as a night owl that was early for Doc). "Etho, do you have any redstone I could borrow? I only need a little."

"How much is a little?" Etho asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Four stacks," Doc mumbled, "of blocks" he added in a barely audible voice. Etho rolled his eyes.

"Fine. You're going to give some back though, right?" Doc stayed silent. "You did say borrow."

"Possibly." Doc said. Beef chuckled, knowing his boyfriend would be too polite to refuse. Etho sighed with fake annoyance.

"So, what are your plans today?" Beef asked, wondering what four stacks of redstone blocks were needed for.

"The redstone project is secret for now, but I'll work on that for a while then maybe visit Bdubs since I haven't seen- what?" Doc stopped mid sentence because Beef seemed to be giving him a look. It was hard to read, but it looked like he was stopping himself from speaking. What had he said? He replayed his words a couple of times but failed to find anything that could be the cause.