A Visitor - Taurtissss (random, happy)

1224 words. Happy December everyone! This is kind of just a drabble.

Xisuma, Xavon and the Big Eye Crew were taking a stroll around the server (although, by stroll I really mean fly and then occasionally walk around certain areas, since the continent was massive). Xisuma, being the Admin, kept rough records of the server's events, and the Big Eyes had been updating him on their events before they'd decided to hang out for a while and see what was going on - they didn't talk often, so it seemed like a good opportunity to chat.

So, there they were, flying through the air that was still thick with the excitement that it had snowed yesterday omg omg omg SNOWWWW! Some areas even still had a slight white dusting. The sky was cold and the single figure temperatures (celcius) nipped at their fingers and bit their noses and ears as the air smashed them in the face. But, it was bearable and no one was going to complain since the cold meant a chance of more snow.

Xisuma was just telling them about his plans for that year's Christmas party when his communicator vibrated.

Taurtis joined the game

Well that ruined the moment. Only Xisuma could see the messages for players joining or leaving the server which was why there wasn't an onslaught of messages in response. But that wasn't to say there wasn't a similar onslaught going on in his head. Who the hell was Taurtis? Were they a threat? Would he have to ban them or worse, fight them? Were they simply a lost traveller? How did they get in? Was the server protection down? Could more people get in the same way he did?

"X? You okay?" Tango asked at the sudden silence. It was difficult to read any sort of facial expression beneath his helmet but it was easy to tell the tone had changed.

"Someone unknown has joined, we need to go to spawn." He replied, before firing a few rockets to get there faster. The others followed.

Luckily, they were already near so it was only a few minutes before the group of five were landing in the village. They immediately saw the black haired person stood outside the spawn egg. They ran up to him, preparing themselves for anything. Xisuma, Tango and Keralis pulled out their swords, Bdubs equipped his shield and got his axe and Xavon got out his bow.

"Hello? Can we help you?" Xisuma asked cautiously to the man. He was wearing a blue t-shirt with black trousers and suspenders with blue and red headphones to match.

"Hi, you're X-eye-suma? Right?" They replied with a half Japanese half American accent.

"Xisuma." The Admin corrected.

"That's not how I expected it..." they said, seeming to think aloud.

"Huh?" Xisuma asked, confused.

"It's just difficult to tell with ̇/ᒷꖎ sometimes," he explained badly. "Anyway, I'm Taurtis."

"What're you doing here?" Xavon asked.

"Difficult to explain, dunno how much I'm allowed to." They replied, looking around, as if waiting for something.

"What?" Bdubs asked.

Taurtis ignored him and started walking around. They followed them as they wandered.

"Stop, please, I don't know who you are and I don't want you roaming the server, no offence." X said.

"I'm just visiting some people." They replied.

"Who?" Tango asked.

"̇/ᒷꖎ and !¡ᒷᔑ∷ꖎ." They replied as if it was obvious.

"Who?" Tango repeated but with an even more confused tone.

"Whoever you're visiting, I'm gonna need some sort of verification first." Xisuma complained. Admins are all very whiny, Taurtis thought.

As if on cue, though, a red dot and Pearl-coloured dot came into view. They got closer at intimidating speeds shouting "Taurtis!" before they both crash landed - Grian doing some sort of forward roll and Pearl hitting the ground shortly after in a manner of a book that didn't know which side it was landing on. They were both proven to be fine though as they immediately got up and wrapped their arms around Taurtis, making them fall back so that they were in a pile and the two hermits were on the ground once more.

"Xelqua! Pearl!" The blue one replied, hugging them back.

"Grian, Pearl, you know them?" Xisuma asked after they seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"Yeah," Pearl said. "He's okay, not dangerous or anything." She added, realising what would be going through the Admin's mind.

"Huh," Taurtis said in mock offence, "I can be dangerous if I want to be." The other two just chuckled.

"What are you even doing here?" Grian asked. "Because I assume you're not here to destroy the server since you still need a partner for that and you're alone." He teased. Destroying an entire server was a big job and normally required two Watchers, but Xelqua was one of the few who could do it alone while Taurtis wasn't.

"Hey!" Taurtis defended, "you say that as if I'm the abnormal one." Grian chuckled.

"Get on my level." He said, grinning. He stood up and the other two did the same.

"ᓭᔑ||ᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ 𝙹リᒷ ∴⍑𝙹 ᓵ𝙹⚍ꖎ↸リ'ℸ ̣  ℸ ̣ ᒷꖎꖎ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ↸╎⎓⎓ᒷ∷ᒷリᓵᒷ ʖᒷℸ ̣ ∴ᒷᒷリ ℸ ̣ ᒷꖎᒷ!¡ᔑℸ ̣ ⍑|| ᔑリ↸ ᔑᓵℸ ̣ ⚍ᔑꖎ ᓭ!¡ᒷᔑꖌ╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ 𝙹ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ ↸ᔑ||." (Says the one who couldn't tell the difference between telepathy and actual speaking the other day.) Pearl retorted since she was also the victim of Grian's words.

"You did what?!" Taurtis asked, laughing.

"Shut up. It's been a few years okay?" Grian defended.

"ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᔑꖎꖎ !¡𝙹∴ᒷ∷⎓⚍ꖎ ̇/ᒷꖎᑑ⚍ᔑ ᒷ⍊ᒷ∷||𝙹リᒷ!" (The all powerful Xelqua everyone!) Taurtis announced. Grian huffed.

"Am I the only one who has no idea what's going on?" Keralis mumbled to Bdubs, who shook his head.

"Anyway." Grian said, changing the subject.

"Anyway," Pearl echoed, mocking him jokingly as he steered away from the topic of his failures. Grian rolled his eyes, but he wasn't really annoyed.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?" The blond hybrid asked the blue one.

"What? Aren't I allowed to visit my best friends?" Taurtis replied, grinning cheekily. Grian and Pearl gave him the look. "Fine, Oリᒷ and T∴𝙹 have a glitch infection and I don't want it so can I stay here for a while?"

"You'll have to ask X." Pearl said.

The three turned to look at the bewildered Admin.

"I guess..." he mumbled out after a few seconds, still trying to make sense of the situation. He hadn't even previously thought that Pearl and Grian knew each other before Hermitcraft. How had Taurtis got into Hermitcraft? Who were T∴𝙹 and Oリᒷ? What was a glitch infection? How long would he be here? What was the other language they seemed to have broken into a couple of times?

The three Watchers grinned at each other.

* * *

Over the next few days, almost all of the hermits met the visitor (the one who didn't was TFC, since he really was the hermit of the hermits) but no one found out any more about him than his name. The newfound (or probably oldfound, but it was new to them) trio were completely inseparable and seemed to be talking constantly, even when they were in silence.

And then, as quickly as he'd come, Taurtis left, and was barely ever mentioned again.