Chapter Eight

Within the next few weeks, me and Fred have been hanging out a lot. We tell each other everything. Well, i think. But i didnt tell him about the kiss between me and Dylan. I just didnt feel the need to. Its not like it was a secret but i didnt want people knowing so rumors werent started...again. George is still mad at me for thinking i helped Fred, which i didnt, nor did i know why everybody thought that.

Fred had told me that dragons were involved in the first task. His brother Charlie worked with dragons in Romania, so Fred got to know about dragons being in the tournament. It was Friday night and i couldnt sleep so i got out of bed and decided to wander around the castle. I wanted to go up to the astronomy tower because i heard there would be a meteor shower tonight and i didnt want to miss it.

I got up there and was wearing shorts and a crop top and i didnt consider the weather. While walking up it wasnt bad but when i got to the top the breeze came in and i was freezing. I didnt know when it was going to start but i decided to wait ten minutes and if nothing happened and i was freezing, then i would go back to bed. I was sitting with my legs hanging off the railing and was getting up to leave because i was freezing. I got up and turned around and ran right into somebody.

I looked up and saw it was Fred. He was wearing a hoodie and sweats and wasnt nearly as cold as i was.

"Here for the meteor shower also?"

"Yea but ive been waiting... and freezing but nothing has happened so i was about to leave."

"Oh...well here.. If you want it." He took off his hoodie and offered it to me. He had a shirt on underneath so he wouldnt be too cold if i took it.

 "No its fin- actually.... Sure" I didnt want to take it at first, but i wanted to see the meteor shower and it wasnt going to get any hotter so i didnt think it hurt to accept it. I put it on and it was huge on me. We went to sit down by the railing and i sat with my knees held tight to my chest and his hoodie over my knees so i wouldn't freeze. It was getting late and there was nothing so it was just us looking at the stars and talking. I started to doze off but kept myself awake.

FREDS POV:

She was falling asleep and i didnt want to bother her but her head was about to fall. I didnt want her to hurt herself so i moved over and put my shoulder under her head. She looks so peaceful, even in her sleep. I dont understand how, but she does. She slept through the meteor shower but i got to see it. Once it was over, i figured she needed to go back to her dorm but i realized i didnt know the password, well answer to the riddle. I didnt want to have to carry her and then wake her up, but i didnt want to leave her up here alone. I picked her up bridal style, trying as hard as possible to not wake her up, and walked away from the railing and over to the wall. I put her down and sat down right next to her so she could put her head back onto my shoulder and before i knew, i fell asleep. It was perfect. SHE was perfect.

ELAINAS POV:

The next week went by fast. It was finally the day of the tournament...the day i didnt want to happen. I went over to the tent that Fred was in with the other champions and whispered to see if he was there. He was and so i ran into the tent and hugged him. Fred was like my best friend and i didnt want to lose him in the tournament. Right as i jumped into his arms to hug him, Rita Skeeter came out with a camera and took a picture. Rita was the Daily Prophet writer and she would always start the rumors around Hogwarts.

"Young love!" she cooed. I got off of Fred and quickly left the tent. I was scared for him and i didnt want him to get hurt but he had to compete. Once Cedric, Viktor, and Fleur went, it was Freds turn. The cannon went off and he walked out. He was about to have to steal a golden egg from a dragon and i wasnt sure if he could do it. I didnt doubt him, but it was scary. I got up and walked over to Dylan, the only other person i could think to go to. Luna had been with Ginny, who im pretty sure were a couple, after she saw Neville get with Hannah Abbot. Cho, who fancied Cedric was with Padma, who was with her twin.

I went and sat by Dylan and he asked if i was ok and i put on a fake smile and said i was fine. The dragon wasnt exactly "going easy" on Fred and kept breathing fire right in his direction. I couldnt watch anymore. I buried my face into Dylans shoulders. After a few minutes, it was like everything went silent. I looked up to see what was happening and for one-second things were fine. Until Fred got onto his broom and went to get the golden egg and the Dragon escaped the chains it was being contained with. It all happened so fast i couldnt comprehend it all but im pretty sure, Fred was about to die.