Chapter Twenty Five

Elainas POV:

I saw them. Three people came back. They appeared and i was so far away i couldn't make out who was who. The crowd erupted with cheers and i was about to join in until i heard Fluers screams. I looked over and saw her staring down at the three boys. I squinted my eyes making a way to see better and realized that one of them was lying down and looked to be.... DEAD. "No no no, this cant be happening. No, please no." All i could think about was Fred. He entered the maze alive but what if he wouldn't come out the same. As my eyes filled with tears, i couldn't hold them in anymore. I took a step back and sat down trying to take all this in. He was gone. I couldn't live without him. It was like i couldn't breathe like my heart was torn out of my chest. Like my lungs were collapsing more and more as the seconds went on. I was shaking uncontrollably.

As the seconds went on, more and more people realized what was going on. As i sat there with my face buried in my knees a girl approached me. It wasnt Luna, Cho, or Padma. It was someone i didnt know as well, Hermione. She came up behind me and was trying to calm me down. "Hey hey hey, its ok." She said while hugging me and rubbing my back. I was trying to calm down but the more i thought about him dead the worse it got. "Move out the way!" I had heard someone say causing me to look up still in major panic mode. I didnt see anybody at first but once more people were shoved out of the way i saw him.

It wasnt who i expected to see, but it was who i wanted to see, Fred. I ran over to him and cupped his face into my hands and looked up at him. Even tho i was smiling and happy, the tears didnt stop. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him as he hugged me back. I buried my face into his shirt and the tears slowed down a bit. I wasnt shaking as bad and my anxiety was slowing. I looked up and him and we both walked over to where i was sitting previously and sat down. I pulled him into another hug not wanting to ever let go.

We sat like this for a long while. So long that the crowd had cleared a ton. Only a few people were left outside. I had stopped crying completely and was fine now.

Freds POV:

"Elaina?! We should probably head back inside. Its getting late." She didnt say a word nor did she look up. "Elaina? Helloooooo??" Still nothing. She moved a little and rested the side of her face on my chest. I looked down at her and she was what seemed to be sleeping. I didnt feel safe staying out here any longer so i had to shake her awake. "We need to go back inside the castle. Its late and you need sleep" She looked up and me and had a light smile across her face.

Elainas POV:

Ive never been so happy in my life. Knowing he was ok and not taken from me forever. I didnt want to ever leave this moment, but i also didnt want to be outside anymore. We both stood up and interlaced fingers and started walking towards the castle. I was too tired to say anything so i kept quiet and once we arrived to his dorm i plopped down onto the bed and covered myself with the warmth of the blankets. He then came over to where i was laying and got under the covers as well. As he laid his head on my stomach and wrapped his arms around me, i ran my fingers through his hair. It was perfect. Everything was perfect.

"Fred..." I knew what i was about to say and i think i was ready. Even if i wasnt i didnt have an excuse in mind and already started talking so there was no escaping it now.

"Huh?" He said and looked up at me without moving his head. "I love you." It was out. I had said it and there was definitely no going back now.

He moved his arms from underneath me and propped himself up to where he was towering over me. He looked the happiest i have seen him in a while. He had been so busy with the tournament we havent had time to actually have this one-on-one conversation. If it even was considered a conversation. I smiled back knowing what he was about to say.

"I love you too." He laid back down and wrapped his arms around me once again and within seconds we both drifted off to sleep.