Fallout

*The next morning*

Eric wakes up on his couch on his stomach so he isn't touching his wound. He looks around and sees that Becky is sitting on the couch across from him a little shocked at this but then remembering what happened and why she is there. The pain meds are still flowing through him and he slowly starts to sit up and she springs into action

Becky: "Woah easy there big man"

Eric: "I'm fine" he starts to stand up and his legs are like jello and he falls back on the couch "Okay maybe the meds are still working pretty good" he says laughing a little and he can see Becky is still pretty serious "Come on what's wrong?"

Becky: "What's wrong? You almost died for me. I could have died and you are just fine with this?!"

Eric: "I mean you didn't die did you? And i didn't die did i? Although my shoulder feels like it died we both are still here. I know what i signed up for when i took this job"

Becky: "Yeah but i didn't. I didn't ask for people stalking me..." she is now pacing in front of him angry "i didn't ask for all this stardom. I didn't ask for the attention. I just wanted a shot and i took it. And i didn't ask for a bodyguard to have to take a knife in the shoulder for me"

Eric: *slowly standing up so he won't fall again* "Hey hey it's okay trust me"

Becky: "No it's not okay. I care about you damnit and i don't know what would happen if you had gotten seriously hurt because of me. I don't think..."

Before Becky can finish Eric wraps his arms around her and pulls her into as tight of a hug as he can manage. She instantly embraces the warmness of his body and lays her head on his chest as he comforts her. He can feel tears hitting his shirt and he looks down at her

Eric: "Hey. The man doesn't cry alright?" He says as he wipes the tear from her face

She gives him a "really" smirk and rolls her eyes playfully

Eric: "So, you care about me huh? What does that mean?" He says changing the subject

Becky's eyes go wide now realizing what she said and before she can say anything her phone starts ringing "thank god" she says in her head and sees the caller idea is Hunter. She answers the phone

Becky: "Hey Hunter thanks for calling me back" she listens to him for a second and then she looks at Eric and puts it on speaker phone "Alright lad it's on speaker"

Hunter: "Eric, how are you doing?"

Eric: "Well I've been better honestly..." he playfully chuckles "A little sore and still a little loopy from the meds but no lasting damage so I'll be fine"

Hunter: "That's great to hear. Becky called us yesterday after she got you home and on behalf of the entire company we just want to thank you for what you did last night."

Eric: "I was just doing my job sir"

Hunter: "No see that's the thing, doing your job would have been calling the police and that's it. You took the initiative to race over there and put your life before hers. If you hadn't done what you did she might not be here right now. So we are going to give you a $50,000 bonus and we are giving you and Becky both 2 weeks off for you both to recovery emotionally and physically and of course we have programs where if either of you need to talk to someone we can set that up"

Eric: "Wow, i don't know what to say. Thank you Hunter i appreciate it"

Hunter: "Thank you for taking care of our star. Becky you take care of him he can keep taking care of you"