Chapter 0: A Realization Under Lunala's Sky

(Ash's POV)

Ya know, they say that some things just never change. One of those things is this amazing view on Melemele Island. The sky is clear, calm, and full of stars. The same sky I'll be leaving tomorrow for Galar, alongside someone who knows more about how our world works then anyone else. That includes Arceus himself, who apparently didn't create the sand under my feet.

"I can't believe I'm leaving Alola, again." I quietly spoke, eyes fixated on the nighttime sky. This was always a relaxing place for me, something entirely different then every region prior. Always on the move and loving every second of it... never once did I imagine staying still could also be an enjoyable experience. "All of this still doesn't feel real..."

'Says the kid who's time traveled with both Celebi and Dialga.' My partner and very best friend, Pikachu, jumped in front of me with a smile, commenting on my words. 'A third shouldn't feel much different.'

"Can it, Pikachu." I didn't feel like listening to his very smug comments. I know he's just messing around with me, but this time is much different...

'Speaking of things not feeling real...' Another Pokémon, being my old Kalos Ninja Frog partner, seemed curious about something. Looking at the two of us, I think-no, I know where this conversation is going. 'Did something happen while the two of us were in Kanto for you to seem... a bit more... I don't know...'

Please don't say anything more... please just let this topic be...

'Yeah, the impossible happened.' Pikachu spilled the beans with a big smirk.

"I said to can it!" My head was down, face flushed. I didn't have my cap on for once, so hiding my reaction was hard. The impossible did happen, thanks to the problem that a certain professor-but not the professor caused between this world... and the one none of us should know about.

There are the things that don't change... but there are also the things that weren't meant to change. Apparently, I was meant to stay as a ten-year-old who would be extremely dense for all eternity. I wasn't meant to understand these feelings... they weren't meant to bother me this much... I wasn't suppose to ask about why my heart pounded so fast at the sight of a girl. Despite all these facts, that's exactly what happened.

_____

-Flashback: December 27th-

The nighttime sky was the same as usual: clear, calm, and full of stars. A sky that's very relaxing... normally. Instead, my heart was pounding, mind unclear. It's something I've been feeling a lot since she arrived... that kindhearted 24-year-old who gave up everything in order to save both her world and mine. Those light red eyes that sparkle at the sight of everything new, the sky-blue long hair that just doesn't wanna stay still, that smile she gives to everyone... I can't stop thinking about her. Why?

I mean, she's currently in Kanto with Professor Oak and Gary, seeing if she can find anything useful. I know she'll be back on January 12th, but for some reason... I want to see her...