Chapter 6: Alola to our Alolan Friends!

(Ash's POV)

The entire day flew by, mostly with Yuki simply enjoying learning about her new partner, Hops. Hops is a Fighting-type with an ability that lets any move hit a Pokémon, regardless of type. (Although unlike any Pokémon, nothing can remove this ability at any point.) Although despite this, something tells me this Pokémon won't be fighting much. Why? Yuki just seems like the type to not enjoy anything overpowered.

She's currently asleep on the couch after a long day, snuggling Hops like a plushy. Pikachu also decided to hit bed with everyone else, since my Alolan Pokémon decided to stay behind. That means I'll have Pikachu and Riolu, since Dragonite decided it wanted to go hang with my older Pokémon for some reason... I'm not one to force Pokémon to do anything, so it's OK.

For some reason, I just couldn't sleep. Sitting at the counter, a warm cup of Moo Moo milk just sat there. There was a time Yuki suggested to try doing this to sleep, which I've done so before and it worked... but now? I feel no difference. My mind, for some reason, can't stop thinking of something: how the heck did Cinderace and Sobble even get here? Also, Cinderace seems... different. Sure, it was in some sort of rebellious phase before the whole problem with Professor Ceries turning evil and the timeline splitting and such... I can't help but get the feeling the fire-type knows something we don't.

When I encountered it on Ten Carrot Hill, it had a look deep in its eyes... like it saw something more horrifying then Goh disappearing. Although it was barely noticeable, I could just tell. I did bring up the topic a couple times, but Cinderace ended up distancing itself from me every time, only sticking around when it wanted to train.

Just then, I felt a blanket be put on my shoulders and tiredness crept over me. Looking behind, Greninja was there, smiling.

'You looked deep in thought and over-tired. Do you realize you've been sitting there for an hour, not touching your third warmed up cup?' Greninja pointed towards the cup, the warmth of the steam long gone. 'Let me guess, Cinderace.'

"How did you-"

Greninja chuckled, not letting me finish. 'Ash, I may not have that bond with you right now, but you're more easy to read then you realize.'

I looked away, embarrassed.

'Just know Yuki has gotten that same feeling for some time now, as well.' The Kalos ninja frog helped me get up from my seat and walked me over to the loft. 'There's a reason why she hasn't pushed the issue, though. She believes Cinderace has a reason for not telling us yet and believes the rabbit will speak up when the time is right.'

I just nod, now feeling half asleep.

'Go up to bed. We got a big day ahead of us.'

Without thinking, I climbed up and instantly passed out.

_____

It was now 9AM. We got up 3 hours ago, had breakfast, made sure everything was packed, and in just an hour, Giratina will arrive to take us to the Slumbering Weald in Galar.