Chapter 8: Arriving in the Not-So Slumbering Weald

(Ash's POV)

Another hour passed and the lake where Zacian and Zamazenta's Relics were located was in sight. Giratina created an opening between this realm and the lakes reflection, then passing though it. Once we reached the surface, a cold breeze hit from the south. Neither of us shivered, despite wearing shorts. How both of us can withstand such conditions dressed like this is beyond me...

I leaped off Giratina, with Pikachu, Riolu, Hops, then Greninja following my lead. Yuki was struggling a bit, so reaching out a helping hand, she took it.

'This is as far as I shall take you two.' The Ghost/Dragon-type bowed his head in apology. 'Think what you will: I have no desire to roam near the frozen air located to the south.'

"That's entirely OK, Giratina! I understand." Yuki told him, a radiant smile across her face. "Honestly, I don't like the snow, either. Either way, you've already been a huge help!"

"Yeah, thanks Giratina." I bowed, expressing my appreciation, as well. If I didn't know better, my eyes spotted a smile on the Legendary Pokémon's face.

'Alert me if my assistance is needed once more.' With those words, the Distortion World and the Pokémon who resides within it disappeared from sight, leaving only water in its wake.

Right in front of us was the gravestone where Goh obtained the relics before the timeline split. Although the items were in view, they seemed... a bit... different...

"Is it just me, or are these relics... sparkling?" Yuki questioned, taking a few steps closer with an inspecting eye. "If I didn't know any better, these aren't real..."

Walking over to get an even better look myself, I picked up the Sword. Light as a feather. Yep, it's a fake. Trying to pick up the shield, however, wasn't as easy. "This is as heavy as the Rusted Sword was! Maybe even more..." This is when I put down the sword and struggled to even lift what seemed to be a fake shield. Was it a fake?

"Let me see." Yuki grabbed it and seemed to struggle as well. That was until she focused on her Aura a bit, a soft blue glow forming around her as she finally lifted the item. "I don't understand. Why is this so heavy? It's not the Rusted Shield, that's for sure."

'That's because it's the Shining Shield, which a different Zamazenta wields.' Another telepathy voice echoed from behind. Both Yuki and I, alongside all of the Pokémon, were suddenly on guard. Each of our eyes widened when the one who spoke walked forward: Zamazenta was here.

Yuki seemed confused. Walking forward, she reached out to pet the legendary. "How are you... here?" That last word was stressed, although I have no idea why. Seems like she realized her words, since she turned around to face me. "Zacian and Zamazenta weren't... how do I put it... physically here within the games. I guess the best way I can describe what I mean is... they were more like ghosts. Untouchable."

I just shrugged my arms, not knowing how to respond to that.