10 : Tragic Loss

We were walking back home, together, in silence, a mix of an awkward silence- both of us avoiding talking about whatever happened, to Meg, with the fact that it's not an awkward silence but we're pleased with each other's company. I don't know about him, but I do confess I like his company.

As we reached my block and I got up on the doorsteps, as I stood at the door I noticed he wasn't beside me, but a couple of steps back. I turned around to look at him, and see he's on the phone. He looked at me when he noticed I was looking at him, then put up a finger before picking up.

"Yeah, Ben?" He said.
"Out." He said.
"Not really, but I can come. Why?" He said.
"Bro, get to the damned point." He said, running a hand through his hair.
"She... wait- WHAT?!" He said, panicking a bit.
"Which one?" He asked.
"Did you tell Slen- uh.." He looked at me, thinking for a moment.
"Come again." He said.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU STUCK A POPSICLE INSIDE?! WAS IT REALLY WRONG TO UNLOCK MY ROOM'S DOOR FOR ONCE?!" He screamed, and I just watched.
"HELL YEAH I'M MAD- I DON'T WANT AN EXPLANATION! I WANT AN ANSWER!" He yelled.
"YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU!" He yelled.
"NO- FUCK YOU!" He said, as I just narrowed my eyebrows. Who is he talking to?
"I SAID, FUCK YOU!" And then he hung up and groaned, before covering his face with a hand.

"Uh- it looks like you gotta go?" I said, awkwardly.

"Yeah, no shit, Sherlock." He said, taking a step back.
"Remember to miss me." He winked.

I just gave a thumbs up, before walking in. No one was here, mom was in a job obviously but Kevin? Where does he run off to these days... I really don't give a fuck, but I swear to god if he's cheating on my mother.
I took off my shoes, placed my keys aside, then got up to my room, taking a shower, having a small supper then doing my homework. After awhile, I opened my phone checking for new anything, I gave a sigh, noticing how bored I am, so- I decided to take a nap.

I woke up to some glass crashing, sitting up straight on my bed in an instant. I looked at the clock and it was almost midnight, I could hear a huge racket down there, so I shot up running outside my room, and peeked from the stairs at the kitchen, seeing some blood and glass shatters scattered on the floor. I kept following the small path to see what struck my heart like thunder...
right there...
laid my poor mommy's body, covered in blood and a huge gash on her forehead.
My heart banged against my chest, as my eyes started to burn and my cheeks followed, I was too busy processing what am I seeing to notice Kevin was standing there.

"M...m-mom... no.. oh my god, MOMMY!" I ran up to her, tears leaving my face like waterfall.

I kept pushing some of her hair strands away, and wiping some tears streaming from her eyes.

"No, no, no, no, no." I kept saying, completely refusing to believe what I can see.

"Come on... mommy!- GAAH!" I yelped as I was cut off by Kevin grabbing my hair.

"Why couldn't you just be asleep?!" He growled, dragging me to the skin of the kitchen.

It was full of water, and he just tossed the dishes floating on top. He then pulled me closer, then dipped my head underwater in the sink. In the split second he held my head back I took in a deep breath, but I knew all too well it won't help me for much longer. I screamed out, to flicker up any match of mercy, but no- he only dug his nails in my neck pushing me down deeper. My lungs started to burn, and when I opened my eyes the soup burned them too. I kept struggling and wiggling around, trying to free myself from his grip. Until, I don't why- but maybe because he got tired.. he put all his weight on my head, slamming my forehead against the bottom of the sink before pulling me out by the hair, to which I inhaled deeply some air, coughing a bit. I fell on my knees trying to catch my breath, while he was walking around the room frustrated.