18 : Balls And Cubes

(Y'all- I received a goddamn notification saying Someone added Precious To Hold to Cringe. I'm lmao at the fact someone can have a reading list with that name, and Idk how to feel about it- 😭😭😭
Like- they saved my story... BUT THE NAME, fr I- is the story cringe? 🤡👉👈)

"Yeah, so- are oranges called oranges because they're orange? Or orange is orange, because oranges are orange?" Jeff asked, letting his face lean on his fist, as he sat on the dinning table, making you freeze halfway of bitting your sandwich.

"You literally just said orange seven times, and the question actually made sense-" You frowned, as you waved your sandwich.

"Eh." He shrugged, grabbing the sandwich and taking a bite before placing it back in your hand.
"Ben asked me that for some reason."
He murmured, wiping some leftovers with his thumb.

"Ah, must've been on these stupid mind-blowing channels." You rolled your eyes as you took a much small bite compared to his.

"Pretty much, yeah- it brought me a headache thinking about it." He chuckled.

"How about this one- why do noses run while feet smell?" You shrugged.

"No-" He got up and left the room.

You just giggled and continued your sandwich in peace.

"I see you're having a good time with my Jeff..."

You heard. And suddenly the fridge opened, letting you watch as Nina stepped out.
You raised an eyebrow in silent.

"If you think for one moment you mean anything to him, you don't! He loves me. Not you. He loves spending time with me, not you!" She slammed a hand on the table, and used the other to point at you.

After a few moments of silence, you gulped the few bits of bread you had in your mouth, and pointed at her.

"And you were in the fridge-"

"I- well! Yes but that is not the point!" She slammed both hands on the table, as you slowly took another bite.

"Stop trying to charm and steal him! He is mine! You hear?!"

"Just so you know, I'm not trying to charm or steal anybody." You shrugged.

"Then stop spending all your time with him!"

"I'm unfortunately spending right now with you." You sighed, finishing your sandwich.

"Well, you spend the rest of the day with him! In his room! What not! Get yourself a life!" Nina yelled.

"Well, I did have a life, that happened to have been ruined by his appearance." You growled.

"Don't think he's going to share his own with you now, do you? He's a fucking psychopath, that's what I love about him." She smirked slyly, with dreamy eyes.

"You'll make great partners in crime." You frowned, laying back in your chair with arms crossed over your chest.

"Exactly! You and him? Will never work out! So stop trying." She placed her hands on her hips like a damned teenager.

"Darling... I hate to break it to you- but if you think he's obsessed with me already? You should know I'm not even trying, and try not to get on my nerves cause when I try, I can get him-"
You flicked your fingers in front of her. "Just like that."

"And I think you know that too well." You sassily placed a leg over the other, crossing your arms again.

"Don't you even try! He's mine! He loves me and not you!" She said. Again.