Chapter 24

I'm boiling. I rolled over, trying to get away from the heat source. Eventually, I shot up and looked around. I was in Hayden's bed, covered in blankets. I immediately shoved out of bed and pulled my hoodie off and then slid my sweats off. I was now in just yoga shorts and a sports bra. I was also covered in sweat. I slipped on one of Hayden's t-shirts and went to the bathroom.

The power was back on, which means so was the heat. We had the heat turned up when the power went out. So, the heat was making the apartment nice and warm, while we were bundled up like we were camping in the mountains.

That's a sweaty combination. I was going to take a shower, but when I walked into the bathroom, I saw Beth on the ground with her head in the toilet.

"Beth?" She turned her head and gave me a blank look.

"What?" I flinched at her tone.

"Umm, I thought the doctor gave you some antibiotics to get you past this virus." She rolled her eyes.

"I don't have a stomach virus, you idiot." I wanted to ask her what she meant, but I have a feeling she would have ripped my throat out.

"I'm going to go." I ran back to Hayden's room. I noticed Hayden was awake and shoving the blankets off of himself violently.

"I feel like I'm fucking boiling." I snorted.

"Yeah, the power came back on."

"Clearly." He snapped.

"Jesus, what is this yell at Kallie day?" I fell back onto the bed with a sigh.

"Sorry, I get grumpy when I'm sweaty. That's why after I go to the gym I take an absurdly long shower." I narrowed my eyes.

"Landon told me it was because you needed time to 'take care of you' and have 'me time'" His eyes widened.

"My me time did he mean what I think he meant?" I laughed and nodded making him groan. "My best friend told my girlfriend I take long showers so I can masturbate."

"Yeah, he told me that the day I moved in. You were taking a massively long shower. That's why I never complain, but now that I know you don't I'm going to complain." He shook his head.

"Now that I've been thoroughly embarrassed, who else yelled at you?"

"Beth, she called me an idiot after I caught her with her face in the toilet."

"She's still sick?" I shrugged.

"Apparently. Now, I'm hungry let's go find something to eat." I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the kitchen.

"Are you wearing my shirt?" I looked up at him.

"Yeah, it was hot." I blushed at the way he was looking at me, "Is that ok?"

"Uhh, yeah. It's more than ok. You look so fucking good in my clothes." I buried my head in his chest unable to handle his intense gaze any longer.

"Hey," we both turned and saw Josie and Bridget gathering up their stuff.

"Hey, are you guys leaving?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have an English paper to write, and Josie needs to do her laundry. She insists on doing it on Sundays." Bridget shrugged nonchalantly.

"Thanks for letting us stay. I'll wash your clothes and get them back to you tomorrow." Josie wrapped her arms around me and squeezed.

"Of course, you guys are a part of the gang." We said our goodbyes and then went to find something to eat.

"You know, this is going to be our first Christmas together," Hayden said with a smirk.

"Oh my God, I almost forgot, we need to draw names!" I jumped up and down excitedly.

"Jesus Kallie put some clothes on." I turned around and saw a scowling Landon. I raised my brow at him.

"What's with the grumpy mood?" He ran his hands through his hair and sighed.

"Beth just bit my head off. She called me a stupid fat oaf and told me to get away from her or she'd castrate me." My eyes widened.

"Why is she in such a nasty mood?" I asked.

"Because I woke up in a pool of sweat and then proceeded to puke my guts out. Excuse me for being in a bad mood you ray of fucking sunshine." We all just stood and stared. I think it was mostly for fear of receiving her wrath.

It was quiet for like a solid five minutes before I decided to risk it and talk, "So, it's almost Christmas, I was thinking we should probably draw names and set up the tree." I made my voice as gentle as possible.

"That's perfect Kallie! Let's draw names and then we can go shopping! Oh, Landon, Hayden, you guys need to get the perfect tree and star, and Kallie, we will be in charge of ornaments." She clapped excitedly. It's a 180 from earlier.

"What about lights?" Landon asked softly.

"Kallie and I will take care of that, you just focus on the tree. You need to pick very carefully Landon. This is the tree we are going to have for years. It has to look realistic and fluffy, but not too tall or too short. Also no weird colors. Oh, and you guys also need to get a tree skirt." She then skipped away.

"Is it just me, or is she just being weird," Hayden asked and I nodded in agreement.

"That's an understatement. Landon, what's up with her? It's more than just a stomach bug." Landon tensed.

"Nothing, she's just been having a hard time recently. That stomach thing took a lot out of her. she's fine though. You'd know if there was something going on." Ok, now he's being weird.

"Ok, I have the names in this bowl. We are all going to draw at the same time." She set a bowl down on the counter. Then we reached in and grabbed one.

"I got myself." I rolled my eyes.

"Me too." Hayden and Beth said at the same time.

"I didn't get myself," Landon said frowning.

"Who did you get?" I asked.

"I got you." We all turned to Beth, "You put Kallie in there twice and forgot about me, your loving boyfriend." She gave an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, I'll just cross Kallie out and write Landon down." She took the pen and quickly fixed her mistake, "Now let's redraw." We all grabbed another one. I opened mine and saw Landon's name below my crossed-out name.

"Everyone good?" We all nodded. I wasn't thrilled about having my brother. I've spent my whole life having to get him gifts. I'm an awesome gift giver and I know I'll kill it, but I was hoping I'd get my boyfriend. Boyfriend. I have a boyfriend. I can't believe how happy I am.

"Come on, we need to get go shopping." Beth grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the front door.

"Beth," She ignored me dragging me out the front door, "Bethany!" She stopped and turned towards me glaring.

"What? We need to hurry." I rolled my eyes.

"We aren't in too much of a hurry for me to put some pants on." She just glared at my bare legs.

"Fine, you have two minutes." I ran back to my room knowing she was completely serious. I got dressed as quickly as I could and ran back to my moody best friend.

"Let's go." grabbed my stuff and we made our way to the store.

++++++++++++

Thanks for reading

The next two chapters will be all about Christmas.

Remember to Comment! Vote! and share with your friends!

Much love

-Kassie