Chapter 35

I kept planning on talking to Hayden, but things kept getting in the way. I couldn't have a long heart-to-heart with him, during finals week. God, I was so busy I barely had enough time to pee.

I figured the weekend after finals would be the perfect time, but Hayden wasn't home. Some distant relative was in town and his mom forced him to go home.

Then the boys were busy preparing for graduation and I couldn't bring myself to interrupt everything just to tell him I love him. Which sounds stupid, I know, but Landon wasn't openly hostile to him and I couldn't get in the middle of that.

Before I knew it, it was the day of graduation and I knew it was the day. I had to tell him today. No question. As soon as it's over we meet outside, I am going to run into his arms and kiss the living hell out of him.

I made sure I looked perfect. I put on an off-white dress with golden polka dots.

 I put on an off-white dress with golden polka dots

++++++++++++

I don't know why I got so emotional, but hearing the names of the people I care about called, made me cry like a baby.

By the time they all threw their caps I was a sobbing mess, but I was a sobbing mess who was ready to get her man back. So, I wiped my eyes and confidently went outside in search of Hayden.

Then I spotted him and couldn't help but smile. He looks great in his cap and gown.

Then he spotted me and smiled. It was like the moment our eyes connected the world lit up. There were a lot of people between me and Hayden, so I couldn't really run, but I did push my way through the crowd and make it to him.

"Hi," I said as soon as I reached him.

"Hi." He responded and for a few seconds, we just looked at each other and smiled.

"I read your letters."

"Oh?" He looked beyond nervous.

"I feel the same way," I said shyly.

"That's perfect." He cupped my face in his hands, "God, I've missed you." I don't know if I leaned up or he leaned down or we both leaned, but our lips met and it was magic. We've had sweet tender kisses and hot steamy kisses, but this one tops all of them. It was deep and passionate and filled with love.

"Get a room!" I heard Beth's voice call out making us pull away. Beth along with everyone else came up and joined us. The seven of us, in one place again.

"So, I take it you two are back together?" Josie asked with a grin.

"I don't know are we?" I asked looking at Hayden.

"Yeah, I think we are." I looked around gauging everyone's reactions. Everyone was smiling, including my brother.

"You're not mad?" I asked looking at Landon.

"We talked and we're good." He gave a subtle nod our way. I turned to my boyfriend ready to finally say the actual words and not just in a weak roundabout way.