Chapter 28

The second I woke up, all I wanted to do was go into Hayden's room, hop in his bed and snuggle up with him. At some point, I grew accustomed to sleeping in his bed. Then I remembered how last night ended and I felt horrible.

I know I have things I need to work through and that's ok, but I need to communicate that to Hayden. He did nothing wrong, it was my issue.

I got up and brushed my teeth and hair and then immediately went to Hayden's room. He was peacefully asleep. I didn't want to disturb him, so I turned around to leave.

"Kal?" I turned back around as saw Hayden's adorably sleepy face.

"Hey," I whispered, "Sorry for waking you." He sat up and held his arms open for me. It's like he knew exactly what I needed. I immediately rushed forward into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in his shoulder.

"Are you ok?" I pulled my face away and looked at him confused.

"Am I ok? I should be the one asking you that. I literally ran away from you with no explanation. You should be furious with me and demanding an explanation." He cupped my cheek and smiled.

"There's nothing to be mad about. We do however need to talk about things." My eyes widened.

"Talk as in break up or talk as in not break up?" He laughed.

"Talk as in communicate." I gulped and nodded.

"I should probably get off your lap. We can't have a serious conversation when I'm sitting in your lap." He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, you're probably right." I hopped off his lap and we sat side by side on top of the covers.

"So?" He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together.

"Why did you run last night?" Well, I guess we are getting straight into stuff.

"I don't know I panicked and suddenly I needed to get out."

"What was it that made you panic? Was it the kissing in bed thing or maybe the booze?" I shook my head.

"I don't know, I think I just got overwhelmed." He squeezed my hand.

"I know you have some issues when it comes to intimacy and I know part of it is my fault." I shook my head.

"It's not even about that. I talked to Josie last night and she helped me come to some conclusions. I'm scared of ruining everything." He furrowed his brows.

"Ruin everything? Kallie, there's nothing that could possibly ruin everything. What we have is solid." I smiled at him, not totally believing him.

"It did before." I shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"We weren't dating, but we were friends. You were my brother's cocky best friend and I was your best friend's annoying little sister, but it was something. Then we had sex and it ruined everything. I resented you so much I acted like you were the worst person in the world." I didn't even try to stop the tears as they started falling.

"We were kids and did something neither of us was ready for, now things are different."

"Yeah, things are different, you mean so much more to me now. You mean the world to me Hayden Young and if we had sex and it ruined things, I'd be 100x more devastated than I was last time." Hayden put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me against him.

"Tell me what you need? What do you need from me to make you feel better about things." I took a deep breath and looked up at him.

"I need you to be patient with me." He leaned down and kissed my temple, which made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Of course, we have all the time in the world. There's no rush." I couldn't help but smile at how incredible he is.

"I want to be ready, but I'm just not. I want to be sure about everything before go there."

"I know, and for the record, I wasn't planning on trying anything last night." My eyes widened.

"You weren't?" He shook his head and had an amused look on his face.

"No, I wasn't. Believe it or not, I know you Kalista and I know you aren't ready for sex. The balls in your court." I wrapped my arms around him and smiled into his chest.

"Thank you, Hayden. You're the best boyfriend a girl could ask for."

++++++++++++

"Jo, you were right, Hayden and I talked through things and now everything is great. It's crazy how that works." The girls and I got together for lunch to discuss Beth's gender reveal party. I guess she decided that Josie, Bridget, and I are in charge.

"Yeah, communication is good for a relationship, who would've known?" Beth deadpanned.

"Well, grouchy pants, when are you getting your next ultrasound?" I asked.

"Next week."

"Is it the big one? The gender one?" Josie asked excitedly.

"I mean, they could tell me, but I got the blood test results back weeks ago." I furrowed my brows.

"So you already know?" She shook her head.

"No, I gave it to Bridget. You two plan the party and Bridget plans the actual reveal thing. Oh and I'll do the invites."

"Why did you give it to Bridget?" I asked almost offended.

"Because she can keep a secret. In fact, she loves it." I nodded.

"I really do. Especially when people beg me to tell them and I get to crush their dreams." We all just stared at her.

"You're scary," I said and she just grinned.

"Thank you."

"So, wanna get to planning?" Josie asked with a clap and thus started the party planning. I can't wait to find out if I'm having a niece or a nephew. I just wish I didn't have to plan it. I hate planning parties.

++++++++++++

Hey! I know this chapter is super short and I tried to stretch it out, but I didn't want it to seem like I was just going on and on.

Plus, the gender reveal party needs its own chapter.

What do you think? Boy or Girl?

Once the gender is revealed, you can send me baby names on my Instagram. I'll post something on my story. Then I'll let you guys choose.

I let you guys choose the baby name in For the Summer and in Coming Home. You guys have some great ideas!

Thanks for reading

Remember to Comment! Like! and Share!

-Kassie