----.| bonding.

"How much longer." Tommy whined, slumping his shoulders as he dragged his feet against the tall grass, the bristles scratching their ankles as the grass tickled their palms. He turns to her with a frown placed his lips. "I get hay fever y'know."

   "Only a few mintutes Tommy" Lee reprimands, they were Tommy has been asking the same question every ten minutes .

It wasn't that long of a walk, but given the marathon they had to run in under 15 minutes the other day their legs were still aching.

The town wasn't long off. There was a fair today, like a sales discarded objects and clothing, which meant cheap clothing, which they were in desperate need of.

The sun showered them in rays of golden sunlight, the clouds shunning it every so often. The birds chirped, swooping down, the rustling of the prey scurrying before being caught by their predators.

The sounds of children laughing joyfully engkifked her ear, the sight of various stands came into sight, adults or older siblings chasing their unarmed children, worker carrying crates of food, stocking stalls.

The atmosphere was almost like Tommy was a child again because his eyes went as wide as the ocean before he rushed to the different stalls, children and adults stampeding out of his way because although his personality is mawkish he was still a 6,3 boy.

Lee couldn't help but chuckle to herself as she shook her head but relentlessly follows the same way Tomm's footsteps trailed.

He was easy to spot, his blonde hair apparent over the crowd. She pushes through the groups, muttering apologies when she received a particular not nice look.

He's in awe at a pair of boots, staring at them like it was pure diamond within his hands. he glanced at her and sends a look, a lost puppy look, she could already predict his question. "Can i-"

She was quick to cut him off "Fine" his eyes widened in excitement, he looks at the woman in charge of the stall.

   "How much?"

...

They were sitting on a bench, fatigued, they explored the whole place, each corner which dodgy items that the stall owner wouldn't reveal where it was found. she rolled her eyes as Tommy dragged her on various rides, then the roles would reverse and Tommy followed her when she found a dodgy woman who sold her ender pearls.

So now the sun was peeking over the horizon, threatening to dispear.

"Can i wear them now?" His eyesbrows creased with hope, a nervous smile perched one his lips. And who was she to say no?

"They're yours aren't they?" she shrugged.

He lets out a high-pitched noise that she was almost certain didn't come out of his mouth.

He scrambled to tear off his old boots, they even look too small for him now, with a whole at the heel and ridden in dried mud and other things she didn't want to question.

He pushes his foot and forced his foot in, already creasing the heel. He leaves the laces untied and his face is glowing like the sun, and a wide toothy grin. All she could do was return the grin and it made her warm inside that she caused this.

He stands on his feet, bag over his shoulder. "We should be on out way now"

Lee follows him, standing up aswell but somethung catches the corner of her eye. she snaps her fingers then points to his shoes "Oi, your lace"

Tommy waves a dismissing hand "It'll be fine"

"No" she snaps her fingers and pointed to the shoes again "Just bought them Tommy"

"Can you do them for me?" he mumbles in defeat.

"No"

There's a weird silence and then something dawned upon her.

"Do you know how to tie them?" she asked

It takes his a while but he stifles a small shake of his head.

And she felt horrible for refusing to help him, they had a whole day of fun, she might aswell teach him.

Right, here we go. "You get, uh one bunny loop...."

And by the end of her dodgy lesson Tommy showcases somewhat of a tied shoelace. Once on the bunny loops was drastically bigger than the other but that was as far as they were going to get.

They're getting ready to leave, the last of the stalls coming to a close, they're peering at what was left, mostly rubbish, unneeded items.

There's one more stall she didn't see before, she squints her eyes and makes a bee-line to it, much to Tommy's protests.

There's a jacket, a brown leather jacket, it looks a bit loose, a bit worn, but it appealed to her eye, the inside even has rows of pockets.

And a matching bag.

Looking up from her to-be jacket, she speaks to the owner. "How much?"

...

The compass fit perfectly in the pocket.

It really is starting to get dark, well it wasn't far from home, just the fact that they were fugitives now, nothing too major or life threatening.

Tommy speaks up, it makes her stop dead in her tracks.

   "I really need a piss"

Lee squeezed her eye shut and took a large inhale "You have to be taking the piss"

   "Well i want to take a piss."

There's no way this guy of being serious. She was debating making him wait, 20 minutes wasn't long.

Her hands drag over her face is somewhat of disbelief, disappointment and distress. "Fuck sake Tommy, there's a stall over there"

He hits a sprint, like fully hits a sprint.

He's at the door, his arm moves violently around the knob to no avail, he turns around and gives a a nervous way in where you might see as 'fuck'

She rolled her eyes, this is just perfect isn't it.

   "You got a bobby pin?" Tommy asks hopeful.

   "Do i look like i wear bobby's pins?" she retorts

   "No" he starts "but you use one, a lot."

Fair enough, she pulled on from her trouser pocket, it was just a spare, just in case she gets trapped which has to be in the worse case scenario.

She handed it to Tommy which he turned down.
"You pick it" he says "you were always better than me."

She huffed and wedged it in the lock, it was an easy one because it's unlocks with a satisfying click..

   "Now hurry up or Schlatt will have our heads"

________

a/n : i do have other books!! so check the out if you'd like. 'it seems so' has more regular updates and i guarantee the writing is much better than this one.

this is just a small filler, more content soon!!

new cover and name!!

thank you so much for 230 view!!!!!!