.----....- | Visit

The sound of the keys turning specific code and the sound of metal clashing metal was almost a welcomed sound now. And who else would she expect for Dream—but unbeknownst to Lee, his footsteps covered the patter of an extra of feet behind him and light swish of a trench coat.

"I'm hungry-" Her jaw might aswell of realeased if it hinges because right there she stopped and here he was in all his glory. And he looked at her like he didn't even care for her. While Lee was aiming for an escape, where she could immediately apologise, or make it right between the two, they didn't exactly leave on best of terms.

"Wilbur?" She looked like he'd just risen from the dead.

"Lee." It didn't hold a hint of excitement.

Her eyes tore from Wilbur to Dream in some mix of her excitement and anticipation.
"Is this a deal? Am I getting out?"

"No." Dream asserted. All hopes buried deep into the soil in one swift syllable. "Wilbur said he wanted to see you, only an evil person would say no."

"So you're not helping me?" Face now pressed against cold bars, hands wrapped eagerly around.

"No, i can't." He said firmly. "We will get you out soon, don't worry." Wilbur's words intertwined hope into her fading one.

"Don't worry?" Words were climbing decimals, because if you were trapped in a cold room with corners so dark you wouldn't just accept a measly 'don't worry'. "You have to be joking." She was smiling, it wasn't a smile as in she was joyous, it's was a pre-smile, one you break when somethings said, something deniable of truth.

"You really think I'd joke here?" Wilbur said. His harsh tone threw her off to where her smile faded, and a wide expression took over. Her face when stale and after a second his collapsed into fits of laughter.

"Obviously I'm joking Lee"

Lee cursed herself for forgetting such a fact, whenever he lies (which was rarely) he averted any sort of eye contact, either shielding it his with an arm, or doing something to avoid it.

She chuckles nervously to his response, she was almost getting whiplash from the highs and lows of his tone.

     "Right." Dream instructed. "Times up."

Wilbur glanced to Dream, a quick one, as quick as a snap of the fingers, it was weird though, not a normal look. Then Wilbur broke into a small smile,
"You'll see outside soon"

And there was so much Lee wanted to say, maybe apologise now and not wait till later, till when she was freed. Or maybe ask how Dream agreed to letting Wilbur visit her. Dream never done thing out of free will, everything built up to a mountain, or maybe a favour to suggest you to help him. But all her overworked mind could say was;
"Yeah."

And there he was lead out of the room as if he was the prisoner, mere seconds away from the court of judgment, but no. He was free to wander where his heart led him, his feet were able to contact the grass and senses fulled with fresh air.

Unexpectedly footsteps echoed in the darkening room again. It was quiet, he just started from the door.

     "You miss him don't you." Dream asked.

     "I do." Lee answered.

     "Think he cares for you?" A question in the form of a plane statement.

     "I do."

He hums lazily, adjusting his mask.
     "Let me tell you Lee—attention isn't love"

Words that caught her ears by suprise that she's taken a pause to affirm if she's heard it right. And she did.

     "What's that supposed to mean?" He struck a discordant note, in where bit by bit if he kept wearing down the string it would eventually snap.

"You're weak Lee, the only emotion you show is anger, because that's the only one you know how to show."

"What about you? Huh? No one can see your emotions! your face is always covered by that fucking mask." Her shouted back, ears feeling hot as her hands ceased to still.

He sighed wearily and there his brand was ripped from his face. His mask fully off. Revealingly piercing green eyes, glazed over with an indescribable look. Light freckles trailing over his nose, various cuts and scars from brawls he definitely initiated. She was almost certain she gave the one on his nose. He raised an eyebrow in a this-is-what-i-mean manner.

She huffed, turning over on her bed to face the cold wall.
"Oh Fuck off, I don't care"

He shrugged, standing up to leave.

Glancing over her shoulder, she caught sight of the mask he discarded on her bed.

"Your mask." She called out after him

"You can keep it." He didn't turn around to answer.

______

840 views omg!! thank you so much.

shameless plug; check out by technoblade story, frequent updates and writing is much better.