six // afraid

song list

afraid - the neighborhood

get over it - mcbusted

girl amighty - one direction 

american beauty / american psycho - falloutboy 

bad habits - the kooks 

love me like you do - mcbusted (cover) 

// afraid // 

by the neighbourhood 

released july 2013 

written by jesse rutherford, zach abels, and jeremy freedman 

when i wake up, i'm afraid somebody else might take my place

harry watched her walk back into the room with her head held high. she looked more composed now, more sure of herself now that she had gotten everything out. for her, letting go wouldn't be the screaming or the drunk nights where you let everything off your shoulders. no, for her letting go was putting so much emotion into playing a song that it just lifted a weight off their shoulders. slamming the keys of a piano so hard you can hear them breaking, or scribbling down lyrics so fast that her hand might fall off. that's how most people like her got rid of all the noise, music was always going to be there for her.

"better?" he simply asked. he tried not to look at her too much, scared he might be violating her but he didn't have to look to see that she was glowing again. or as glowing as someone as dark as arabella could be.

"much."

"tea?"

"coffee."

harry threw down the book he was writing in and placed his blue pen down beside it. bella scanned over the sheet checking to see what he had been looking at. she read quickly over the words, formulating in her mind the story that would go with it, the story that harry wanted for them. but of course she hadn't clued in that it was her that he wanted to be with so happily.

harry quickly brought over her coffee and his tea, plopping it down where she was sitting previous to her musical interlude. he couldn't get her to pry her eyes from the book he had written in. for once he was actually embarrassed for his work, simply because it was for her. even though he had become comfortable around her, more comfortable than he was with anyone, he wasn’t ready for her to find out how he thought he felt. the rush of having feelings for someone can be confusing and mind boggling. he couldn’t decide whether he simply admired her as a person or he truly adored her and wanted to be with her. but the shy person he was, in that tense, he would never act on it really. he appreciated her company, the hours they had spent together thus far had changed him in a way that he looked a little differently at life. he wasn’t seeing things in black and white anymore.

"happily?" she asked. and quickly the idea formed in harry's mind.

"yes. take a go."

"the student becomes the master well done." she speaks, shocked that the tables have turned.

"i know you wanna leave so come on baby be with me so happily..." she repeated that line over and over and harry hoped she wouldn't notice that it was what she said, that she would leave. it was inevitable for the two of them to part.

"she's somebody else's, in a sense, and he wants her, no matter how different or how opposite they are to each other. he wants to show her off to the world and he's not at all ashamed of it. he just wants to be with her. forever."

he clapped, knowing she had partially achieved his idea. a bit upset that she didn’t clue in to those words directed at her. “do you think we have soul mates?” he pondered out loud after minutes of silence.