three // why'd you only call me when you're high?

song list

why'd you only call me when you're high? - arctic monkeys

mrs. all american - 5sos

my happy little pill - troye sivan

ruby - twenty one pilots

the weight - shawn mendes

stay with me - florence + the machine

// why'd you only call me when you're high? //

by the arctic monkeys

released august 2013

written by alex turner and arabella

i was just dreaming, of bumping into you

"have i ever been high?" she asks sarcastically. "harry styles, let me tell you, i'm much more badass than you'd think."

"well you look more bad ass than most girls. you'd be the one to beat me up right before breaking my heart." he said truthfully. bella laughed, her uptight smile turning into a blank line. the realization behind his words hurt, because she realized all she seemed to do was break hearts, and she never cared about it one bit.

"i've broken plenty of hearts, but that's another story." she mumbled.

he chose to ignore her last comment, not wanting to get into too much detail. he flipped open her 'drugs' book to another random page. slitting the pages in a half as they brushed by him, he opened the book to that page.

he tried to read her messy writing, but the only thing he could understand on the page was the large bolded print on the top 'call me when you're high'.

he began humming the song that he assumed it was, given her history. "now it's three in the morning, and i'm tryna change your mind, left you multiple missed calls and to my message you reply..."

"why'd you only call me when you're high?" she finished for him, a giggle escaping her lips. "let me ask you a more important question, have you ever been high?"

he playfully acted offended, "ouch, that hurts that you'd think i haven't. have you ever been to one of louis' parties?"

"i've been to plenty of them, and i don't remember you being there." she pointed out. "however that could've been because i was so shit faced but..."

"i couldn't forget a face like yours, but if you insist you've never seen me there then, i guess i was just dreaming of bumping into you."

"i would've remembered you being there." she said under her breath.

apparently harry didn't hear this either, so he continued to his next question. "i take it from the amount of scribbles in this page that you cowrote it with alex?" all over the page there were drawings and words, and it was very difficult to decipher them. she had drawn right over the words, probably because she didn't need them written down. they were already imprinted in her mind.

"if that was your assumption than i would have to say you're right." she confirmed. he fist pumped the air, clearly excited that he had gotten something right. he continued to fist bump, turning it into a dance, like there was some sort of music that should've been playing in the background. "calm down before you hurt yourself!" bella screamed. this only encouraged harry more. he jumped up on the couch, shaking the bandana out of his hair so that he could flip it around more voluptuously. he shook his hair out like a wet dog, the bandana falling into bella's lap. without even noticing, she wrapped it around her wrist, keeping it. he jumped up and down on the couch, making bella bounce slightly with him. she was doubled over in a fit of laughter, not even trying to act cool around him anymore. harry was happy with the development they've made, and took this at another victory in breaking arabella.