five // is there somewhere?

song list

is there somewhere? - halsey

reflection - fifth harmony

uma thurman - fall out boy

gravity - against the current

medicine - the 1975

little lion man - tonight alive

// is there somewhere? //

by halsey

released october 2014

written by ashley frangipane

i try to refrain but you’re stuck in my brain

“you want to hear love then?” her voice still angry.

“yes.”

she bit her lip, confidence coursing through her veins as the adrenalin pumped. she grabbed the untouched book from the coffee table, ripping it open to a random page. harry studied her and watched as her face dropped as she scanned over the page she had landed on.

“you don’t have to.. you know.” he said quietly. whether bella heard him, or chose to ignore him, he wasn’t able to ask as she dove into the new terrain.

-

they signed into the dingy hotel, one that looked as though it had never been visited. the dirt on the sign out front and the fact that the clock looked like it hadn’t moved in years said differently though. it was worn down and cockroach infested, but to them it was a palace.

as soon as they got into the room, she ran to the bed, jumping up and down in excitement. the new found freedom she had, no parents to tell her what to do, she finally had what she wanted. and this boy that watched her jump around the room in her tube socks and high waisted skirt. he lit one up, and she sauntered over to him, accepting the blunt from his fingers and taking one long, long, inhale. and one long, long, exhale into his face. they felt comfortable together, as she rested her head on his shoulder. she craved his lips on her skin, but she knew she shouldn’t.

that night in the hotel room, with the off white sheets of the bed and the bright lights streaming from their cell phones. she fell in love with his crooked teeth and the way he made her feel in the night life. even if she didn’t want to fall in love with him.

she watched him from across that hotel room where they met. his pale chest rising and falling in time with his pen as he wrote her romantic poetry. she tries not to picture the red in his girl’s cheeks when she finds out he’s been sneaking around. but she doubts that she’ll ever find out. because he’ll be gone in the morning, while she’s still falling in love with him that night.

she knew she shouldn't get so invested. but whenever she closed her eyes he was there, looking back at her, and when she opened them again, he was sitting beside her. but beside her wasn't the same. because she was stuck there looking at him yet he was not looking back at her. she looked at his crooked teeth and the angle of his jawline. and he looked at his book, writing the words that would woo the next girl. and that's what she was, the next girl. not his girl. realizing that 2nd’s not the same was a terrible thing. she begged herself not to fall in love with him, she tried to refrain but he’s still stuck in her brain.

she didn’t mean to fall in love that night.

-

by the end, bella’s face was concealed by her hair as she stared directly at the page not daring to look up and make contact with him. harry not paying much attention, had gotten used to the smooth tone of her voice, something about it just made it cool. he was so focused on the words she was speaking and the syballels of each word, rather than her voice that he didn’t notice it begin to quiver. he heard a quiet sniffle, and then turned to watch as one of her tears hit the page.