5. Icelandic & Norge Tantrum

"I said we're moving and that's final."

Lukas settled, firmly crossing his arms.

He was standing behind Emil's closed bedroom door. He hadn't expected his little brother to throw a screaming rage only to then storm upstairs and slam the door behind him. He thought he would be grateful. But maybe that seemed too far fetched.

"Well I'm not leaving!"

"And why the hell not?" Lukas yelled. He turned the doorknob only to find it locked.

"Emil! Open the door this instant!"

"No! "

"Tch. I swear you're sometimes hard to handle."

Even as he said it he couldn't help to recollect that day. The day were he had taken Emil in, stealing the drug money from Matthias in order to have that blood test taken. The beating Matthias endured the next day after. Apparently it hadn't been just drug money, he didn't know what the Dane had involved himself in back then.

 "You'll never be able to take care of that kid Lukas, no matter how much you want to protect his sorry ass."

Mathhias had said, he was shirtless, gashed bruises marked his sweaty skin, slowly he brushed the wet cloth on his busted lower lip cleaning up the oozing blood.

 "It doesn't matter what you think, he's my responsibility."

 "I just don't want you to go."

 "And I don't care." Lukas turned away from him.

 "Does that mean- will you leave me?"

He heard Matthias say behind him, he was aware that his voice was cracking but that didn't matter to him, he had already decided.

 "I can't stay with you forever."

Was what he had told him.

Next thing you know Lukas had packed two bags for him and Emil stuffing them full of essentials as well as tying wads of money in rolls for his pockets. He had snuck off, dragging Emil who was just a small scrawny kid back then, with unkempt hair and baggy clothing. He had to admit it had been difficult.

But he tried his best for him, he bought him all the things he had wanted, including a little stuffed puffin he had once spotted in a store. His eyes had twinkled with such happiness, he wanted him to stay like that forever. But now he was sixteen, a hormonal bastard, he only half regretted spoiling him. Trying a more simple approach, he lightly knocked on the door,

"Emil, let me in, let's talk about it."

"Talk about it? I don't have a choice either way."

Damn he really wasn't giving in was he?

"Why do you want to stay so badly?" Lukas asked.

"B-Because I- um really like my teachers."

"That's the worst lie you could have ever come up with."

"I'm not-lying it's just I want to stay alright? "

Then it struck him. Could it be that? No it wasn't possible. But yet again..

"Emil do you have a crush on someone?"

Silence.

"Emil?" The door opened a crack, he could see is little brother's violet eye peek through.

"And what if I said I did?'

"Then I'll say I don't approve of this person and we should hurry up and start packing."

Emil groaned, closing the door Lukas stopped it from closing.

"Fine if this person means so much to you I want to meet them."

"Um....Now?"

"Of course not now maybe tomorrow-" Lukas instantly stopped his sentence the minute he saw a figure move.

"Who's in there?" He immediately asked.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about-night!"

Emil had attempted to push the door shut again, but failed. Door open, Lukas saw an asian kid with brown shoulder length hair on his bed playing an electronic handgame. The kid looked up at him, chewing on a stick?

"Hey,do you like want some pocky?" He asked offering him a box of chocolate flavored pocky sticks.

"Emil.....who is this?" Lukas asked gripping the side of the door as he tried to contain himself from yelling.

"This is Leon-hes um he's-

"I'm his lover, we're like madly in love and buy each other stuff, sometimes when you're not here we-."

Emil flustered, threw a pillow at him.

"We study, Leon has exceedingly great grades especially in math. "

Lukas was beyond frustrated at this point.

"Leon.... whatever relations you had with my little brother are over, now if you don't mind I want you to leave so we can start packing."

Leon still pressing buttons on his game answered,

"Well I do mind so like I'm not leaving. "

"Yes you are." Lukas stated.

Leon glanced up at Emil who had disappointly nodded at his brother's statement. Sighing Leon stood up, the mattress creaking from his weight. Sliding his Nintendo in his pocket and pocky carton he made his way out, but before he left he went up to Emil.

"I'll miss you...and I love you." Fingers curled in his platinum hair he pulled Emil to his lips as he kissed him goodbye. Leon smiled softly as he saw his ears grow beet red.

Lukas glared.

"Bye."

Leon said, unemotionally waving at Lukas's direction.

With that he went downstairs, using his phone as flashlight to find his way through, (Lukas had turned off all the hallway lights to conserve energy.)

Lukas turned to his brother, lips tightly pursed and blood boiling.

"Get packing now."

He said through clenched teeth, walking away he heard Emil grumble,

"I can't stay here with you forever. "

as he shut the door, leaving him in the darkness.

So as always I hope you enjoyed! And yeah faster update than usual. Don't get too carried away.